By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

mjk45 said:

used the GT by citroen concept in the dream car championship everything went okay till lap 9 on the monza course when it ran out of power ,i thought being non endurance races that don't wear tyres or use petrol it would be the same for the battery but the gauge was right down so i limped into the pits after doing half a lap at 80kmh only to find that i could change my tyres and nothing else wtf!

As far as I know, the Concept car is powered by a Hydrogen cell, which depletes constantly during a race. Same thing happens with a pure electric car, such as the Tesla.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

used the GT by citroen concept in the dream car championship everything went okay till lap 9 on the monza course when it ran out of power ,i thought being non endurance races that don't wear tyres or use petrol it would be the same for the battery but the gauge was right down so i limped into the pits after doing half a lap at 80kmh only to find that i could change my tyres and nothing else wtf!

As far as I know, the Concept car is powered by a Hydrogen cell, which depletes constantly during a race. Same thing happens with a pure electric car, such as the Tesla.

The GT by Citroen is powered by an ultra efficient electric motor mounted amidship behind the drivers seat along with the battery, but the real point is if petrol and tyres aren't consumed except for the endurance races then it should be the same for the electric powered cars, a simple fix would be for them to make the amount of energy gained by regenerative braking equal loss due to acceleration or at least make it so you can complete championships with the car

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

The GT by Citroen is powered by an ultra efficient electric motor mounted amidship behind the drivers seat along with the battery, but the real point is if petrol and tyres aren't consumed except for the endurance races then it should be the same for the electric powered cars, a simple fix would be for them to make the amount of energy gained by regenerative braking equal loss due to acceleration or at least make it so you can complete championships with the car

That would certainly fix that problem. I was just talking about how the same thing happened with me when I took the Tesla Roadster in one of the Professional events.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

That would certainly fix that problem. I was just talking about how the same thing happened with me when I took the Tesla Roadster in one of the Professional events.

yeah it's silly... PS How did the tesla handle

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:
lestatdark said:
mjk45 said:

yeah it's silly... PS How did the tesla handle

It handles like a charm, but it's acceleration that's really what makes it stand-up.

Since it's an electric car, it's always outputting the maximum torque available, thus it has the acceleration of a super-car. 

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Inside Sim Racing has received the Thrustmaster T500 RS officially licensed GT5 Steering Wheel and posted a first look video.

That thing is a monster!

Finally, after 9 Hours of racing round and round the Tsukuba circuit, I finally complete and win the Tsukuba 9 Hours endurance.

It took me 590 laps, for a total of 1.206 km travelled in this race >_>. Managed to win with a 30 lap difference, with a non-tuned Zonda R which was equal to the bhp, weight and with slightly superior torque to the Amuse Opera S2000. 

The prize was 612K Cr, 1.2M Exp and the HKS CTR2300 (P). 

In 10 days I will attempt the Le Mans 24H endurance, with my stock 787b. Since that endurance gives about 4.5M Exp, i'll boost up to A-Spec 37. Afterwards I don't know if i'll grind all the way to 40...that would take 4 Le mans 24H >_<

Current PC Build

I know people are upset at the scores Gran Turismo 5 has gotten.  But, never fear, Goes to 11 has spoken and given Gran Turismo 5 and 10/10!  Woo hoo!

http://goes-to-11.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-gran-turismo-5.html

Review: Gran Turismo 5
Genre: Racing Sim
System: Playstation 3 (system exclusive)
Reviewer: Richard Hutnik

Summary: Extensive driving simulator exclusive to the Playstation 3. Includes extensive number of cars and other features.

Pros:
* Largest collection of cars of any game on a home console (1000).
* Massive in scale, covering a wide range of race types and vehicles, from rally car, to Nascar, to go carts.
* Track generator provides a wide number of new tracks to be saved and can be reused.
* Premium models are very detailed.
* Sizeable online community to race against, and interact with, either on the racetrack or via the online market.
* Excellent music.

Final Score:
10/10

Actually, the only review I ever cared about was Inside Sims Racing review.

And that one was amongst the most positive ever, for any kind of simulation game. They even put it on the likes of PC sims such as iRacing, rFactor and GTR-2. 

Plus, the game is so big, they're splitting the reviews in two parts and will later review the second part, once they get further in the game, as endurance races and some of the special events only unlock at higher levels.

Edit - Nvm, only saw that you're behind that mock site

Current PC Build