By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

lestatdark said:

The third track, Suzuka, is the most difficult challenge I've ever done in a GT game and it's one of the hardest challenges I've ever had in any simulator, including online player vs player competitions in other sims such as GP2, GPL, GTR-2 and so on. 11/10 difficulty.

this makes me a very sad panda,

do you have a racing wheel or a controller?

*please say controller, please say controller, please say controller*

Around the Network
goforgold said:
lestatdark said:

The third track, Suzuka, is the most difficult challenge I've ever done in a GT game and it's one of the hardest challenges I've ever had in any simulator, including online player vs player competitions in other sims such as GP2, GPL, GTR-2 and so on. 11/10 difficulty.

I use a DFGT, but there's an user on GTplanet that's trying to achieve all golds with a DS3. So far he's got Gold on Monza, Silver on nurburgring and he's just a few tenths of a second behind Silver on Suzuka.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Just reporting in too keep track of this. 

ithis said:

Did you get the game as well? How far are you in it?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Click on our website:

http://www.etradinglife.com

T "Christmas KuangHuanYe, happy at Christmas" preferential, my friend! ! Christmas is coming, quick to our website shopping, our web site shopping there will be something different, unexpected things to you, let you have different sense, our website wholesale various fashion shoes, such as Nike, Jordan, prada, also includes the jeans, shirt, bags, hats and decoration. All these products are our free transport, prices are competitive, we can also accept paypal j, after the payment within short time, can ship.

competitive price

any size available

accept the paypal

SOCCER JERSEY 16US

jordan shoes $32

Christan Audigier bikini $23

Ed Hardy Bikini $23

Sunglass $15

COACH_Necklace $27

handbag $33

AF tank woman $17

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
goforgold said:
lestatdark said:

I use a DFGT, but there's an user on GTplanet that's trying to achieve all golds with a DS3. So far he's got Gold on Monza, Silver on nurburgring and he's just a few tenths of a second behind Silver on Suzuka.

which is as close as he'll ever get, you can win the events with the DS3, but fast enough to get gold.....near impossible. looks like I need a new wheel

The realism is one of the reasons I am not getting this game. I don't want to buy a wheel for one game, and I don't like to play games on lower difficulty...

Besides, motorstorm's coming out so I will probably get that instead.

lestatdark said:
ithis said:

Yes I did, and at the ridiculous prices that new console games cost in this country, especially considering the purchasing power we (don't generally) have, and the fact that we are in the EU (but that is a completely different story).

It will be a slow burner for me as I don't always have the time to put into it, or the place to do it (i.e. girlfriend wants to not watch me race). So I don't have advice on the expensive cars, and generally I tend to enjoy driving the slow cars too (although, I enjoyed the iA final licence test the most so far, as frustrating as the learning experience was). I have a DFGT which is nice, but not a remotely acceptable racing setup (improvised seating and wheel stand, sitting in curious and uncomfortable position, which is not nice at all), still I enjoy the game a lot. I didn't try the online yet, cause I don't want to spoil my experience with frustrating races against humans. Will get to it later though, when I will (attempt to) register for a GTP tag, and hope to have great proper racing online. Currently level 13 A-spec and 4(i think) B-spec.

ithis said:
lestatdark said:
ithis said:

Yes I did, and at the ridiculous prices that new console games cost in this country, especially considering the purchasing power we (don't generally) have, and the fact that we are in the EU (but that is a completely different story).

It will be a slow burner for me as I don't always have the time to put into it, or the place to do it (i.e. girlfriend wants to not watch me race). So I don't have advice on the expensive cars, and generally I tend to enjoy driving the slow cars too (although, I enjoyed the iA final licence test the most so far, as frustrating as the learning experience was). I have a DFGT which is nice, but not a remotely acceptable racing setup (improvised seating and wheel stand, sitting in curious and uncomfortable position, which is not nice at all), still I enjoy the game a lot. I didn't try the online yet, cause I don't want to spoil my experience with frustrating races against humans. Will get to it later though, when I will (attempt to) register for a GTP tag, and hope to have great proper racing online. Currently level 13 A-spec and 4(i think) B-spec.

Same here. Although I also have a DFGT, it is mounted to my study desk and I have to use my normal study chair to play GT5, leaving me with all sort of back pains, especially after the long winded endurance races.

The only online races i've done is with fellow VGC members on personal lounges. After some bad experiences in GT5:P online lobby races, I vowed never to try it again, at least not until there's a proper penalty system (such as the heavy mechanical damage implemented in 1.03).

It seems that IA is the biggest license challenge for the majority of GT5 players. I only managed to gold it after an hour trying it. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
ithis said:

Same here. Although I also have a DFGT, it is mounted to my study desk and I have to use my normal study chair to play GT5, leaving me with all sort of back pains, especially after the long winded endurance races.

The only online races i've done is with fellow VGC members on personal lounges. After some bad experiences in GT5:P online lobby races, I vowed never to try it again, at least not until there's a proper penalty system (such as the heavy mechanical damage implemented in 1.03).

It seems that IA is the biggest license challenge for the majority of GT5 players. I only managed to gold it after an hour trying it. 

I sit on the floor on some mats, the wheel is attached to a (sturdy) low round table, my back against the side of the bed, my legs cramped under the table to get to the pedals. I have to press the gas pedal with the side of my foot. Back, ass and leg pains are quick to settle in. Still, it's a strangely suiting place to be in... I haven't played  the game in days. I miss it.

In a more positive note: Have you seen the new update? It's freekin' great. And I don't think 600MB is too much for an update, especially with the many things it improves (still stuff to do though): http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-5-v1-05-update-brings-new-events-more-available-now/