By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

Finally managed to win my first race on the Formula GT Championship, A-Spec... just 5 more to go >_>.

I seriously hate this championship. I'm having a f****** streak of bad luck. I dominate the race till the 18/19 lap, doing almost equal (to the hundred of a second) laps, and boom the car spins due to doing a corner in the same fashion as in the other laps... 

*urge to kill....rising*

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

more amazing GT5 footage

I'm speaking out of rage and this shouldn't be taken in any light as a disliking to this game:

- Fuck the stupid shit of the Formula GT championship and it's stupid asshole A.I drivers. Three times, three fucking times the same dumb asshole spins out in front of me and rams me, three frigging times I had to recover from 20plus seconds  disadvantage to just get rammed by this guy again, both in indianapolis and monaco. 

With my current luck I'm never going to win this championship.

Edit - Nothing like a bit of good old rage guy fit to get me into shape. In indianapolis, whence before my best lap time was 1.09.02 and barely managed to do consecutive laps close to that, after that rant I now did it with 1.08.5 and consistent lap times of 1.08.6 - 1.08.9 

The FGT championship is probably the hardest trial in the entire game. It will test all of your skills, given that you have the same bhp and tyre car as the rest of the pack, with snap over-steer if you reduce to anything lower than 3rd gear and massive under-steer if you don't drive the optimal line. I've never been this challenged in a GT game before.

Edit2 - Finally managed to win the FGT championship....and the prize is a Caterham Seven Fireblade >_> Thankfully, the gift car for finishing the extreme events gave me a Jaguar XJ220 LM Race Car, but come on, such a crappy prize for the hardest cup other than 24H endurances? Screw you PD. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

The locations are pretty spot on with the real deal

In other news, I've already started the Sebastian Vettel X1 Challenge.....which is hard as hell. You have to do two laps around Monza under 2:10, Suzuka under 2:16.1 and Nurbugring/F under 2:14.5 to only get the Bronze time, which in itself is a monumental challenge.

Already attained Gold in Monza, and the amount of Exp that this event gives is out of this world. 2.040.020 exp for Gold/Silver/Bronze in any individual track. I jumped from level 30 to level 32 just with Monza. I may achieve Level 35 from golding this event alone xD.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Finally, the Suzuka X1 gold time has been conquered, it took me over 2 days to achieve it, with tons of bad luck, bad judgment and overall hardships.

Here's my Gold run video, for anyone who wants to see how hard it is to drive the X1 fast enough to get this time. Sorry for the crappy quality, as I only have a cellphone: 

Definetly, the hardest time trial challenge I've ever done in any Gran Turismo game, and GT5's toughest challenge for me so far.

Golded Nürburgring/F in less than two hours, it was even easier than Monza:

Now that I finally completed the X1 challenge, I can safely say that this is indeed the hardest event ever created for a Gran Turismo game.

The amount of concentration, skill, ability and self-control that you've got to have to gold it is out of this world, because you actually have to do a better time than the current F1 champion and the official tester for the X1 car during GT5's production.

Kudos to KY and the entire staff of Red Bull Racing for creating such an amazing car and it would be really neat to see this car come to fruition in real life in the future. 

As for the reward of the event itself...the amount of exp was enough to boost me to mid level 34 (I'm still 1.2M exp away from 35, which I'll get there with the Lvl. 30, 32 and 33 endurances), and the best part: Three different X1 cars xD. 

I'll post pics soon.

Current PC Build

As promised, here are the pics from my three X1's.

The Stealth Carbon Fiber X1 is called the Red Bull X1 Prototype, and it's awarded for getting gold in the X1 event.

The Cyan X1 (the colour may vary from player to player, since it's one of the colours available in the dealership for the X1, which is also unlocked at level 30) is called Red Bull X1, and it's awarded for getting Silver in the X1 event.

And finally, the Red Bull liveried X1 is called Red Bull Sebastian Vettel X1, which is the same X1 that you drive during the three tracks of the event. It's awarded for getting Bronze in the X1 event.

All three X1's perform identically, as they have the same engine, weight and aerodynamic characteristics, but since only the second X1 is a car that can be bought from the dealership (you need level 40 to be able to buy it and 20M Cr), the other two X1's are unique and can only be obtained in the X1 event.

Current PC Build

I like GT5, I think its selling very well.... yeah its got bugs that need worked out but i love it..... 

lestatdark said:

The Stealth Carbon Fiber X1 is called the Red Bull X1 Prototype, and it's awarded for getting gold in the X1 event.

The Cyan X1 (the colour may vary from player to player, since it's one of the colours available in the dealership for the X1, which is also unlocked at level 30) is called Red Bull X1, and it's awarded for getting Silver in the X1 event.

And finally, the Red Bull liveried X1 is called Red Bull Sebastian Vettel X1, which is the same X1 that you drive during the three tracks of the event. It's awarded for getting Bronze in the X1 event.

All three X1's perform identically, as they have the same engine, weight and aerodynamic characteristics, but since only the second X1 is a car that can be bought from the dealership (you need level 40 to be able to buy it and 20M Cr), the other two X1's are unique and can only be obtained in the X1 event.

*faints*

........... *comes to*

so how was the event? rate the difficulty on a scale of 1 - 10

and that first car totally makes up for the lack of the koenigsegg ccxr, it's the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life

OMFG!!!!!

goforgold said:
lestatdark said:

*faints*

........... *comes to*

so how was the event? rate the difficulty on a scale of 1 - 10

and that first car totally makes up for the lack of the koenigsegg ccxr, it's the greatest thing I've ever seen in my life

OMFG!!!!!

I tried this too on Le Mans, I was really surprised that the fan is actually functional in the game. It's a pretty darn good effect!.

I can't rate the overall event in a single score system, since all three races have very different difficulties.

The first track, Nurburgring/F, was pretty average, it took me less than 2 hours to gold and my first complete attempt through it left me very close to the gold time. I would rate it a 7/10 (accounting already for the difficulty of driving with the X1).

The second track, Monza, is pretty darn easy to get gold, and you can even overtake Vettel's ghost in this one. My gold lap was 1 second below the gold mark. 4/10 difficulty.

The third track, Suzuka, is the most difficult challenge I've ever done in a GT game and it's one of the hardest challenges I've ever had in any simulator, including online player vs player competitions in other sims such as GP2, GPL, GTR-2 and so on. 11/10 difficulty.

Current PC Build