By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - VGChartz Official Gran Turismo 5 Thread!

Darth, this thread is going to asplode when the GT5 academy demo releases xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Damn, Lestatdark, you're a pro!

It was freaking HARD to get bronze in some of the Lisences in GT3! Although I did them 7 years ago when I was quite young so I'd probably be alot better now!

In GT3 I have something like 30 million credits, every single car, and every event done on Gold! But I can't do the lisences, too damn hard.

I have GT4 but I can't be bothered to collect every single car, because collecting every car in GT3 was a pain in the ass!

@sabby_e17

I haven't collected all the cars in GT4 as well, mainly because some models are only available on the Used Car pavillions, either the 80's or the 90's ones, and they change every week of gameplay, thus creating a very small window to find certain cars.

So far I have 650 different Car models, still 70 to go to complete the entire car collection of GT4, and that's on a over 1000 hour saved file with 100% completion ;)

In GT3 I actually got all cars, but it was easier in that game, due to it having only 350 cars, in comparison to the 720 of GT4.

I love doing the Licenses, they give you a chance to master your driving skills and allow you to ascertain the best driving lines for most of the tracks and difficult sections of the game :)

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

I haven't collected all the cars in GT4 as well, mainly because some models are only available on the Used Car pavillions, either the 80's or the 90's ones, and they change every week of gameplay, thus creating a very small window to find certain cars.

So far I have 650 different Car models, still 70 to go to complete the entire car collection of GT4, and that's on a over 1000 hour saved file with 100% completion ;)

In GT3 I actually got all cars, but it was easier in that game, due to it having only 350 cars, in comparison to the 720 of GT4.

I love doing the Licenses, they give you a chance to master your driving skills and allow you to ascertain the best driving lines for most of the tracks and difficult sections of the game :)

One thing I hate about the licenses is that the car you are given is always so damn skiddy! If you turn too hard, you just go spinning out of control, so have to time the turns very properly.

@Sabby_e17

That's because on the licenses all the cars that are given have TCS and ABS turned off. That allows you to have maximum speed output for the car, but you'll have to control the car to the best that you can, or else it will either understeer or oversteer constantly.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
SciFiBoy said:
WHAT was your first Gran Turismo game?

Gran Turismo 1, one of my first PS1 games, played it loads single and multiplayer

WHEN did you become a fan of Gran Turismo & describe why you became one?

playing the first GT, far and away the best driving game id played to that point and hours of fun playing it too, bought evey other GT game since (I own all of them!)

HOW many Gran Turismo games you own?

all of them even prologue ones.

WILL you buy Gran Turismo 5 Day 1?

financially permitting, yes, of course.

I own GT2, GT3, GT4 and now Prologue.

I think GT2 was the one that I played the most...It was my first one. What an experience...

Since then I'm a dedicated fan of the series... GT5 DEFINITELY day one buy!!!

For me the most anticipated game ever...

lestatdark said:
@Sabby_e17

That's because on the licenses all the cars that are given have TCS and ABS turned off. That allows you to have maximum speed output for the car, but you'll have to control the car to the best that you can, or else it will either understeer or oversteer constantly.

Lol, I don't really know alot about car specs!

But anywho, I can't wait to complete the licenses in GT5.

@sabby_e17

Me either, it's the very first thing i'll do once I get the game xD

I had so much fun completing all Tests in GT PSP on gold, but that only served as an apperitive for my GT5 license hunger :P

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
@sabby_e17

Me either, it's the very first thing i'll do once I get the game xD

I had so much fun completing all Tests in GT PSP on gold, but that only served as an apperitive for my GT5 license hunger :P

Me too. I don't like the fact that GT PSP recieved average reviews, it is the best driving sim on PSP by far.

I think reviewers seriously missed the point when reviewing GT PSP.

djs said:
SciFiBoy said:
WHAT was your first Gran Turismo game?

Gran Turismo 1, one of my first PS1 games, played it loads single and multiplayer

WHEN did you become a fan of Gran Turismo & describe why you became one?

playing the first GT, far and away the best driving game id played to that point and hours of fun playing it too, bought evey other GT game since (I own all of them!)

HOW many Gran Turismo games you own?

all of them even prologue ones.

WILL you buy Gran Turismo 5 Day 1?

financially permitting, yes, of course.

I own GT2, GT3, GT4 and now Prologue.

I think GT2 was the one that I played the most...It was my first one. What an experience...

Since then I'm a dedicated fan of the series... GT5 DEFINITELY day one buy!!!

For me the most anticipated game ever...

glad to see your interested!

@lestatdark

YEAH I'm so lucky it releases on the 17th

I'm going away on holiday on the 18th

this also means no FF13 Sales Week 1 & 2 comments from dartdevidem01!!!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey