By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think the Final Fantasy MAIN SERIES could come back to Nintendo?

Around the Network

It won't happen. Square Enix is in love with Sony technology. In the PS1 days Sony provided Square Enix with the right storage space, and Final Fantasy did excellent on the PS1. Nintendo 64 was using cartiages which sucked, then the PS2 well that was excellent news for Square Enix again because the simple fact DVD was better and Nintendo went with their own small little discs, which were awful compared to the DVD counterparts. Then with the PS3 it has a Bluray disc. It provides more capactiy then the Wii and Xbox 360 discs put together. So Final Fantasy main series will stay with Sony, and Nintendo will contiune to get spin-offs.

What's with all the FF bashing? Each new title in the "stagnant main series" is so completely different from the last that they could remove all the "classic" final fantasy weapon/summon/spell names/etc, and release them as stand alone games. Did any of you even play FF 12? It was an incredible game; 10 is also really underrated. In fact , the only aspect of Final Fantasy I enjoy is the "stagnant main series"; all the spinoffs are usually trash capitalizing on a brand name---this does NOT, however, detract from the quality of the main series whatsoever.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

What's with all the FF bashing? Each new title in the "stagnant main series" is so completely different from the last that they could remove all the "classic" final fantasy weapon/summon/spell names/etc, and release them as stand alone games. Did any of you even play FF 12? It was an incredible game; 10 is also really underrated. In fact , the only aspect of Final Fantasy I enjoy is the "stagnant main series"; all the spinoffs are usually trash capitalizing on a brand name---this does NOT, however, detract from the quality of the main series whatsoever. Maybe the credibility, but not the actual quality. That's like saying that, if you get a barrel of apples, and a few taste bad, the best ones will taste worse too.

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

I agree that SE lost it's vision after the 9 Final fantasy. 7,8 and 9 were the creme de la creme of final fantasy rpg. Later on....the storyline, character depth.....it all just disappeared..One of the things i could never forgive was making the main character a little lost dweeb with too much sun tan for brains...twice.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

sorry for the double post

Words Of Wisdom said:
Onimusha12 said:
The Final Fantasy main series is a lost cause. Even if it came back to Nintendo you'd never be able to change the attrosities of FF7's terrible Spin offs, FF10-12 (no international versions released in the west, poor english voice acting without the option of the original japanese dialogue, redudant art styles and character designs, the same world recycled over and over, questionable spin-offs, etc, etc) and FF13 which won't work on the Wii and will without a doubt suffer all of these same problems with possible exception of voice acting.

Face it, Square has lost the bulk of their talent, so much so that a new studio was formed by the defectors, and it has shown in Square's games. They're a company who has long since lost thier vision (assuming they ever had one) and have always made poor decisions that cost them dearly. They're a company who has faced bankrupcy more than once at the hands of their own incompetence and hasn't struck gold since FF7 which they now work like a father whoring out his 10 year old daughter on the street.

FF9 was the last truly decent FF they made.

Squeenix has been turning out such crap with each new Final Fantasy, I can honestly say I couldn't care less about them.

I agree.  IX and VI were maseterpieces of video game design IMO, but the other offerings have been pretty mediocre.  I've still played them all, but it's just not a series I look forward to anymore.  It's in the bottom half of my RPG teirs.  

FF is as popular to bash on these forums as Mario Sunshine. Every thread with FF in the title will eventually devolve into a collective Orgy of Doom and a reptition of tired arguments that no one really cares about.

That said, if FFXIV doesn't go to Wii (or Wii Too/Wii2/WiiHD) then I'd say that SE is pretty much in bed with Sony on that matter. Generally they jump ship when a platform is doing this poorly, but they haven't been acting typically at all this gen. After all, they normally don't jump on the next gen train so quickly with Final Fantasy.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

It won't happen. Square Enix is in love with Sony technology. In the PS1 days Sony provided Square Enix with the right storage space, and Final Fantasy did excellent on the PS1. Nintendo 64 was using cartiages which sucked, then the PS2 well that was excellent news for Square Enix again because the simple fact DVD was better and Nintendo went with their own small little discs, which were awful compared to the DVD counterparts. Then with the PS3 it has a Bluray disc. It provides more capactiy then the Wii and Xbox 360 discs put together. So Final Fantasy main series will stay with Sony, and Nintendo will contiune to get spin-offs.
I disagree. Squre Enix (like every company) is out for money. This isn't a hobby for them. They don't make games just for shits and giggles. They make it for money so they can eat and send their kids to college. They may prefer the stats of one system but the bottom line is profitablility. If FFXIII doesn't make money on the ps3 then don't expect them to have any reservations about moving the series to where ever the money is. I could be nintendo, it could be xbox, it could be multiplatform.

...and another thing. as a wii owner, i'd rather have kingdom hearts then FF. I can hope.