By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think the Final Fantasy MAIN SERIES could come back to Nintendo?

"Personally, I can live without FF, but I really want it back on Nintendo."

That does seem like flamebait. You should either delete that or explain it.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

I doubt it. I think that Final Fantasy likes to be pretty high set graphically and the Wii isn't the system for the most cinematic presentation. But really, I say, who cares? Fire Emblem is a much better RPG anyway

A Fire Emblem MMORPG... I would actually consider getting into that.

I hope not, I want it to look amazing. Besides the series is doing well with sony.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

XIII is probably too far in production to go to the Wii all of a sudden, and starting development with the space the Blu-ray has to offer means it'll be damn hard to slim down (minimum of 3 DVDs) if it goes on the 360. It'll definitely launch as an exclusive, but I think it all depends on sales after that.

XIV is anybody's guess, but it won't be arriving before 2010 at the latest, and nobody knows what the market will look like by then.

I imagine the Wii will be getting lots of spinoffs like "Final Fantasy XIII: Boys in skirts" or just "Final Fantasy: Grinding with Chocobos". Some might call this a bad thing, but I'm much more interested in original games by the proven developers than the stagnant main series that I never cared for.

I don't think this will happen as

FF MAIN SERIES has been about

"Cutting-Edge"

BEFORE YOU ALL SAY - OMG PS2, PS1 were inferior to competitors

I must say the PS2 wasn't AS INFERIOR in "Power" to its competitors as the wii is or WII HD "may be"

as if wii HD will be as if not more powerful than Ps3/360, it will still be far behind what SONY n M$ do next...due to Nintendo's their audience n price restrictions...

I've got nothing against ninty, hell I'm buying a wii next year for SBB

BUT

FF - Main Series has been about cutting edge n power....

It pushed PS1 to limits, it pushed PS2 to its limits

& those "limits" were better than most JRPG's on their competitors systems...

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Around the Network

@Parokki

"grinding with chocobos"....lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

Personally i would love the main series to return to Nintendo. Ah...Final fantasy III (VI in japan) was a game i could play forever :D. I just don't see it happening all of a sudden. IMO the first step that SE would take, should it consider changing platforms, is make one of the games multiplatform, o r maybe not just one but a few, to see which console gives best results. Then just maybe they would decide to change the platform.....but it justs seems so far off right now. Unless Nintendo's consoles give something that Sony nor MS can, don't count on any business from SE.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

The Final Fantasy main series is a lost cause. Even if it came back to Nintendo you'd never be able to change the attrosities of FF7's terrible Spin offs, FF10-12 (no international versions released in the west, poor english voice acting without the option of the original japanese dialogue, redudant art styles and character designs, the same world recycled over and over, questionable spin-offs, etc, etc) and FF13 which won't work on the Wii and will without a doubt suffer all of these same problems with possible exception of voice acting.

Face it, Square has lost the bulk of their talent, so much so that a new studio was formed by the defectors, and it has shown in Square's games. They're a company who has long since lost thier vision (assuming they ever had one) and have always made poor decisions that cost them dearly. They're a company who has faced bankrupcy more than once at the hands of their own incompetence and hasn't struck gold since FF7 which they now work like a father whoring out his 10 year old daughter on the street.

I think it's a pretty fair bet. I mean, the way they keep emphasising how FFXIII is going to last 10 years and is set over 6 games just feels like they're saying "We don't want to move onto XIV yet".

They've also said about FFXIII's huge budget, and I think they're unhappy with the state of things. Chances are FFXIII is going to be their worst selling FF (post FFVII) but most expensive to develope. I wouldn't be happy about that.

Of course putting XIV on the Wii is too much of a step back technologically, so they'll wait it out a bit with some spin-offs and whatnot, and probably start developing it once they're sure the Wii 2 is a success.

To be honest though, I'm more interested to see what else they've got in store for the Wii. I can't believe a company like Sqaure-Enix would only have 1 proper Wii game in developement? :P

(DQS is already out, and I just chose not to include that chocobo game for my convinience :P)

Onimusha12 said:
The Final Fantasy main series is a lost cause. Even if it came back to Nintendo you'd never be able to change the attrosities of FF7's terrible Spin offs, FF10-12 (no international versions released in the west, poor english voice acting without the option of the original japanese dialogue, redudant art styles and character designs, the same world recycled over and over, questionable spin-offs, etc, etc) and FF13 which won't work on the Wii and will without a doubt suffer all of these same problems with possible exception of voice acting.

Face it, Square has lost the bulk of their talent, so much so that a new studio was formed by the defectors, and it has shown in Square's games. They're a company who has long since lost thier vision (assuming they ever had one) and have always made poor decisions that cost them dearly. They're a company who has faced bankrupcy more than once at the hands of their own incompetence and hasn't struck gold since FF7 which they now work like a father whoring out his 10 year old daughter on the street.

FF9 was the last truly decent FF they made.

Squeenix has been turning out such crap with each new Final Fantasy, I can honestly say I couldn't care less about them.