By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 SIGNIFICANTLY Outsold Xbox 360 on Black Friday!!!!!

mario64 said:
@darth :

1. Of course it has a superior library. It has every 360 multiplat, plus tons of Sony exclusives. LBP, MGS4, Valkyria, Demon Souls, Uncharted 1/2, God of war 3, Infamous, MAG, GT... No need to go further. Vs a handful of Halo / Gears exclusives. Not even close.

Sony has tons of studios, MS has a few ones, no wonder who makes the most exclusives...

2. Ah ah of course multiple buys are counted your retailer has no way of knowing who already bought a 360 when you buy another one. Or how does he magically know ?

3. Nope, it's true. Look stats on this site about aligned launches. Year 1 PS3 won, Year 2 after launch it won too. Just look earlier in this thread.

Feel free to discuss.

1. Thats subjective. You mention infamous, demons souls yet fail to mention Mass Effect & Fable & crackdown on the other end of the spectrum?

2. Most people get their 360's fixed, most people have warranty. the small minority that don't hardly make a big difference in the big picture

3. Nope its not true, in th YEAR 2007 ....xbox 360 sold more & in the year 2008 xbox 360 sold more

but if we align launches PS3 is ahead....maybe thats what you meant

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
mario64 said:
@kowenicki : yeah you must admit you were wrong again, I guess it must be humbling.

We've been called idiots for years for telling you and other deluded fanboys what is happening now :

- that PS3 would ultimately crush the 360 in sales, as it should

- that the 360 comparative "success" was mostly due to the early release and RROD forcing people buy multiple consoles

- that when you look at sales after release, year 1, year 2, well... the PS3 won every year in sales vs the 360, as it should, having by far the best exclusives. The PS3 has never ever been in danger of anything and always been in front of 360, even from year 1 after release.

Now look, we were right, what a surprise... Bu bu but... wait for NatEyeToy !!

1. Why "should" it......I mean why does PS3 deserve to crush it according to you? PS3 doesn't have a much superior library than it

2. Multiple buys after RROD aren't counted, refurbished consoles aren't counted in shipping data

3. FALSE

PS3 has lost every year since its release, 2007 & 2008 too

here is proof:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93845

PS3 is winning this year by a huge margin though

_____

they were your errors

& when you say "we" I assume you mean sony supporters, but I'ma  SONY supporter & all I'm saying is I'm not in your group!

You used my thread as reference..

How sweet ! I want to hug you darth !

Now get to the commenting there !

@mario64

Most PS3 slim sales are from existing PS3 owners. Spinning IS fun.

^ ugh..gay?lol

routsounmanman said:
@mario64

Most PS3 slim sales are from existing PS3 owners. Spinning IS fun.

even worse

After PS3 slim the PS3 software sales also saw a big general increase

so most of them aren't from original PS3 users

BESIDES....don't ban me mods but the Phat PS3 is superior to the PS3 slim, so why would many people upgrade?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
^ ugh..gay?lol

Was that @ me or the other guy ?

1. Even acknowledging for a few more exclusives on 360, it's clearly not close to PS3 exclusives in quantity and quality.

I still don't understand why people would think 2 or 3 studios can compete with 20 studios on the long run. It puzzles me. It was obvious from the start who would have the most exclusives on the long run.

Yes MS bought a few timed exclusives, but when they went to PS3 in improved versions (ninja gaiden, tales of vesperia, bioshock, star ocean...), it made the library gap only more obvious.

2. It's not a minority at all. The warranty never extends beyond a few years. In my country legally it's only one year, for example. Then all you can do is buy another one.

I have tons of friend who bought several 360, I don't think it's unusual at all.

3. yet PS3 sold more from launch year after year in aligned sales (you have trouble understanding that apparently).

Year 1 PS3 sales after PS3 launch > Year 1 360 sales after 360 launch

Year 2 PS3 sales after PS3 launch > Year 2 360 sales after 360 launch

Feel free to check.

If launch date doesn't matter, then among console nowadays PS2 wins easily. Either way the 360 is dead last, like in weekly sales worldwide by the way. Your choice.

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
^ ugh..gay?lol

You

mario64 said:
@jarrod : a 1 year head start is a huge advantage since it had no competition as a next gen console during 1 full year.

RROD definitely helped and not hinders sales in my opinion, since a lot of people had to buy 3 to 5 consoles in a few years. The number of people who decided not to buy a 360 because of RROD is probably very weak compared to those bonus sales.

YLOD occurrence has been told to be around 5%, it's very far from the 50 to 60 % Xbox 360 failure rate reported. Making the comparison seems laughable.

No other next gen consoles doesn't mean "no competition".   360 was facing off against a hugely successful PS2 directly with releases like Final Fantasy XII, Resident Evil 4, Kingdom Hearts II, Shadow of the Colossus, Bully, Dragon Quedst VII, etc, etc.

The one year headstart certainly helped 360 in the long run (and I'm sure Microsoft is grateful for that ~6m lead right now), but I think it tends to get too much weight attributed to it alone.  Honestly, had the PS3 launched in 2005, I seriously doubt it'd have sold any better (and likely worse).

RROD rebuys are hugely mitigated by the extended 3 year warranty too imo.  The extremely hardcore may not want to wait the 2-4 weeks it takes to get their fix or refurb, but I'd wager the vast majority of 360 owners would take that option (I did).  Meanwhile, out of warranty YLOD victims (which seem to be growing in frequency) get faced with a $150+ bill from Sony's CS or a new $299 slim.

ChrisIsNotSexy said:
MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
ChrisIsNotSexy said:
^ ugh..gay?lol

You

Whats wrong with being gay ?

70 year old men turn me on !

I get horny looking at obese grandfathers !