By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm convinced a Call of Duty Civil War edition could work.

I would like to see a Call of Duty where you play as a soldier in the American civil war, Napoleonic war or something like that. Only problem is, muskets were the main weapon so you would have to reload after every shot. There would probably be much more close combat as well.

Around the Network

@ mr khan

It was worth enough notice that they made a sequel

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Call of Duty: The Crusades! Make it happen!!!!!!!

No to the Civil War, mainly due to weapons. I really don't think it'd work for a relatively fast paced shooter.

No to WWI because if you think about what it actually was like, trench warfare isn't much of an FPS game. I think an RPG like game could work because to show the psychological and emotional impact of trench warfare. In an FPS you'd jump out your trench, you might get to the enemy lines, but most of the time you'd just get slaughtered. It was all about the defenders in WWI, and in a game I get the feeling it'd get very repetitive (what with pretty much every offensive ending in death).

No to 7 day war... too controversial. If done right it could be good but I can't think of any dev that could handle the content.

This leaves us with WWII, Vietnam and Modern War... which is pretty much what games cover, unfortunately. Korean war could be done effectively. Also, covering WWII from the view of soldiers from other nations like the Algerians who joined the French army but were treated as second-class citizens and cannon fodder (watch Days of Glory). Or perhaps from the viewpoint of a Gurkha soldier (From Nepal, they fight in the British army).

The korean war is just such a perfect theatre left untouched.. Vietnam, the gulf war, every other semi-modern/modern war has a game about it. Not the korean war though.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

^if publishers make decisions like film makers do, then they probably want to keep the scenarios where the US was directly involved. For some reason, the decision makers seem to think that unless it has Americans in then American audiences won't pick it up.

Scoobes said:
^if publishers make decisions like film makers do, then they probably want to keep the scenarios where the US was directly involved. For some reason, the decision makers seem to think that unless it has Americans in then American audiences won't pick it up.

The US was not directly involved? I guess the half million troops over there didn't exist then?

Strategyking92 said:
Scoobes said:

The US was not directly involved? I guess the half million troops over there didn't exist then?

That many? Really? I didn't think the US intervened to such an extent. I stand corrected then.

Scoobes said:
Strategyking92 said:
Scoobes said:

That many? Really? I didn't think the US intervened to such an extent. I stand corrected then.

Good side:

63,000[1]
26,791[2]
7,430[3]
5,455[4]
3,421[5]
2,163[6]
Total: 1,207,010

Bad side:

Total: 1,212,000
Note: The figures vary by source; peak unit-strength varied during war.

Strategyking92 said:

Good side:

63,000[1]
26,791[2]
7,430[3]
5,455[4]
3,421[5]
2,163[6]
Total: 1,207,010

Bad side:

Total: 1,212,000
Note: The figures vary by source; peak unit-strength varied during war.

Yeah, I just looked that up myself (like I said, I stand corrected), so yeah, now I'm perplexed why it hasn't been done yet. Maybe because the war never officially ended? But that can't be it, South Park has already ripped the piss out of ole Kim Jung-il!