By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 tops best buy best sellers list and sells out

tedsteriscool said:
thx1139 said:
leo-j said:
3 games for free when you buy the 360 elite holiday bundle which already brings 2 free games

Can you provide a link?

I search PS3 and the bundle is the first in the list.

I search Xbox 360 and just find the standard Elite, Arcade and the MW2 bundle.

I know you're skeptical about this claim, but it's true. I've seen it at Target and a couple other stores. I thought Best Buy also had a deal like that, but I'm not positive on that one. I don't have a link, but I can at least verify that leo-j isn't pulling things out of thin air.

I am talking about some 360 Bundle that Amazon supposedly has available as part of the Black Friday deals.  I still cant find it.

If you go to the Xbox 360 Elite product page http://bit.ly/5ym33P you see links to available Amazon bundles and no Black Friday deal.

If you go to the PS3 120GB product page http://bit.ly/6BT3Ri you see links to available Amazon bundles and there is a Black Friday deal.

OK now I think I know what people are referring to. Currently the standard Elite Holiday Bundle (no special deal for Black Friday) is #81 on Video Game best sellers list).  First off this isnt any special bundle and if your buying today you better get a special deal.  Secondly the Arcade is like #41 and the MW2 bundle is like #63.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

Around the Network

The LBP/R&C PS3 bundle is still available at some Bestbuy stores so it is not completely sold out. (Just used the find a store option and multiple stores came up with stock.) I saw a few of all consoles still available at various stores while I was out today.

I also never noticed any special bundle for the 360 on Amazon. Nothing turns up on a search or on the best seller list. I don't believe there was an official bundle with 3 additional games for the 360 elite holiday bundle (which included 2 games already). I have not seen anything official, a few stores made have put together their own bundles.

heres the big question

How many did sony ship.

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

kowenicki said:
dont we have to be aware of supply before we get excited about sales?

Why, you scared?

AE101 said:
kowenicki said:
dont we have to be aware of supply before we get excited about sales?

Why, you scared?

imagine the last strong market for the 360 fallen like a ripe fruit.

Around the Network

i think ps3 will sell 250- 300g in Na this week

psrock said:
Darth, it's normal for limited or special bundled to sellout because these stores made sure they didn't have enough anyway.

Big winners will be : DS, Wii, NSWB Wii, Left4dead 2, MWF2.

PS3 AND 360 Will be almost equal.

Yeah, you gotta figure that the Black Friday bundle should sell out... seeing as it's supposed to be black friday only.

If it didn't sell out that would be bad news....

I wonder if Wii will be a big winner though... did it even have a black friday bundle?

I did my part in picking up the LBP and Ratchet bundle. No more using my brother in-law's.

is there a chance it outsold the 360 in NA ? maybe even the wii :P

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Posting the summary of Black Friday deals that I am aware of.

Kmart - Xbox 360 Elite Bundle also includes Halo 3:ODST

Target - Xbox 360 Elite Bundle or Xbox 360 Modern Warfare bundle come with a $50 gift card bonus

Target - DSi comes with $20 gift card bonus

Best Buy - Xbox 360 Elite Bundle comes with 4 additional games. Sonic the Hedgehog, Spiderman Web of Shadows, Ghost Recon 2, Wall-E

Best Buy - PS3 120GB comes with Ratchet and Clank Future, Little Big Planet

Best Buy - DSi comes with $20 gift card bonus

Toys R Us - Xbox 360 Arcade with 3 games (Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and two others I cant make out) and a carry case for $229.99

Meijer - Wii comes with $50 gift card

Meijer - Any Xbox 360 Bundle (I assume Elite or MW2) and also get Halo 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV

Meijer - PS3 comes with Black Hawk Down and Step Brothers Blu-Rays an GT5P and Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Desctruction

Radio Shack - Xbox 360 Elite and get $60 back

Walmart - Nintendo DS Lite $98
Walmart - Playstation 3 Slim W/ FREE Infamous, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and The Dark Knight BD $299
Walmart - XBox 360 Arcade W/ FREE Madagascar 2: Escape 2 Africa, Madagascar DVD, and Madagascar 2: Escape 2 Africa DVD $199

Amazon - PS3 with Killzone 2 and Infamous $299

I suppose the PS3 will sell better at Amazon than the 360. I suppose the 360 will sell better at Kmart, Target, Radio Shack, and Toys R Us. Finally a toss up at the remainder of the retailers.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.