By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - explain the halo story!!!!!

Strategyking92 said:
the halo story is really convoluted considering the pace of the game.

halo 1: MC kills covenant, blows up halo and discovers the flood, which want to consume the universe. The overseer or whatever, that floating robot, trys to trick you into activating the halo before you destroy it. Activating a halo will destroy the universe, time and space, I guess. The covanent also want to activate it to start their religious journey, unwittingly they know not of the consequences.

halo 2: The elites in the covanent get pissed at the monkey things and team up with the humans to fight their brethren. The monkey things are annoying. You kill some of the higher ups, along with your new covanent friend, arby. I think they try to activate another halo, but MC stops it.

halo 3: the covanent try to activate a relic in new mombasa (on earth) that would activate every halo is the universe. MC and crew kick ass, take names. EVERYBODY GOOD DIES though.

If anyone reads this and things I totally missed the story, please tell me, I need a halo refresher.

There's a lot more to it than that ;)

I really can't be botherd typing up a brief summary of the three games which will end up being around 10 paragraphs.

I'll leave everyone with something. The Character in my Avatar (Profile picture) is the most important character in the Halo universe. He or it has been around for 100,000 years, caused the destruction of the Forerunners when set to prevent it, provided the rapid technology evolution for the Shan' Shyuum (Covenant Prophet species) causing them to become spacefaring, where they later formed the Covenant, hunted down Forerunner relics and eventually stumbled across Harvest and begun an all out war with the Human race. In the end he redeemed himself by guiding Master Chief behind the scenes on the Ark which led to the destruction of the Covenant and the Flood.

Around the Network

Thats an easy one...Hmmm...(not 343 Guilty Spark or Offensive Bias)...Medicant Bias, of course. 

Halo Story Page is a great website for halo background; one of the main reasons why I enjoyed the Halo stories.

First Post yay me!!

SHHH...

MY COMMON SENSE IS TINGLING.

You shoot aliens to end a war. Not much different than any other game

He just wants help with the story.  I applaud his kindness for just asking a question, lets not ruin a simple gesture...Pretty Please

*(Still learning how to use the damn post, ugh)*

Second Post yay me!! ...(I need a glass of water, cause I'm on Fire!!)

oldschoolfool said:

I like the halo franchise,but can someone clarify the story for me ... I like the franchise,I just want to understand the story more than I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! I have halo1,2 and 3.

SHHH...

CurlyAfrobro said:

Thats an easy one...Hmmm...(not 343 Guilty Spark or Offensive Bias)...Medicant Bias, of course. 

Halo Story Page is a great website for halo background; one of the main reasons why I enjoyed the Halo stories.

First Post yay me!!

Damn you! And welcome to the site

Glad to have someone else with real knowledge of the Halo universe on the site

To OP: Replaying the game's and focusing on the story if you have the time is a good way. Or looking it all up on the Halo wikia is another great way.

Around the Network
kiefer23 said:
Strategyking92 said:

halo 1: MC kills covenant, blows up halo and discovers the flood, which want to consume the universe. The overseer or whatever, that floating robot, trys to trick you into activating the halo before you destroy it. Activating a halo will destroy the universe, time and space, I guess. The covanent also want to activate it to start their religious journey, unwittingly they know not of the consequences.

halo 2: The elites in the covanent get pissed at the monkey things and team up with the humans to fight their brethren. The monkey things are annoying. You kill some of the higher ups, along with your new covanent friend, arby. I think they try to activate another halo, but MC stops it.

halo 3: the covanent try to activate a relic in new mombasa (on earth) that would activate every halo is the universe. MC and crew kick ass, take names. EVERYBODY GOOD DIES though.

If anyone reads this and things I totally missed the story, please tell me, I need a halo refresher.

I really can't be botherd typing up a brief summary of the three games which will end up being around 10 paragraphs.

I'll leave everyone with something. The Character in my Avatar (Profile picture) is the most important character in the Halo universe. He or it has been around for 100,000 years, caused the destruction of the Forerunners when set to prevent it, provided the rapid technology evolution for the Shan' Shyuum (Covenant Prophet species) causing them to become spacefaring, where they later formed the Covenant, hunted down Forerunner relics and eventually stumbled across Harvest and begun an all out war with the Human race. In the end he redeemed himself by guiding Master Chief behind the scenes on the Ark which led to the destruction of the Covenant and the Flood.

You get this information from the (hidden) terminals in Halo 3, right?

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Phobos said:
kiefer23 said:
Strategyking92 said:

You get this information from the (hidden) terminals in Halo 3, right?

And the Novels and Internet :)

I read the Hidden terminals but said F-it.  The terminals were a cool backstory but had to go to forums for "rants" and stuff about finding its place in Halo History.  kiefer23 is right about the novels and stuff.  Halo has a deep and pretty good story, but when people bash it and say its horrible, its a shame. :( 

If Halo 4 does come out, I kinda hope it doesn't at all, but if it does it needs to be released a looongtime from now.  MS should at least make #4 on the shield world with doctor Hasely?, Spartan 3s and I think Medicant Bias is on that planet too.

Oh, and Thanks for the love kiefer23

SHHH...

CurlyAfrobro said:

I read the Hidden terminals but said F-it.  The terminals were a cool backstory but had to go to forums for "rants" and stuff about finding its place in Halo History.  kiefer23 is right about the novels and stuff.  Halo has a deep and pretty good story, but when people bash it and say its horrible, its a shame. :( 

If Halo 4 does come out, I kinda hope it doesn't at all, but if it does it needs to be released a looongtime from now.  MS should at least make #4 on the shield world with doctor Hasely?, Spartan 3s and I think Medicant Bias is on that planet too.

Oh, and Thanks for the love kiefer23

If you are talking about Onyx. Onyx was destroyed by a Shiva Nuke at the end of the Novel. The Spartans (still alive) and Doctor Halsey however entered the Micro Dyson Sphere which is a tiny Sphere of compressed Slipstream space before Kurt made his sacrifice.

Here's a copy and paste lol.

"Basically, the structure fulfills its function as a "Shield World" perfectly. It protects the occupants of it and gives them a huge "world" to live in. Potentially, an entire new civilization could be constructed in a Dyson Sphere.

After their arrival in the Forerunner-constructed Dyson Sphere, Dr. Halsey explains the structure. She calls and entitles it a Micro Dyson Sphere because it is in fact very small, or perceived to be small when viewed from normal space.

The Micro Dyson sphere is located in a factually compressed Slipstream space. In other terms, any object inside might appear to be a certain size, but inside the Slipstream bubble it is much, much larger. Consequently, they never left Onyx, but simply entered a Slipspace bubble."

Onyx can't be in Halo 4 unless there is a automated rebuilding facility somewhere that replaces the shield world's after destruction. Much like how the Ark rebuilds the Halo rings. On another thought, Onyx was just trillion's of Sentinel's merged together.

One story for Halo 4 that would work is if Master Chief came across another Shield World that had a entrance to the same Micro Dyson Sphere the other Spartan's and Halsey are in. All shield world's could probably be connected to same Dyson Sphere world.

Mendicant Bias was destroyed with the Ark at the end of Halo 3 but he did reveal the location of all the Shield World's to the Flood 100,000 year's prior so the Forerunners apparently never used them.

The terminals confused the hell out of me also. I prefer other fans of the story solving the riddles, compiling and linking together all of the information so I can read it online.  I don't have it in me to solve the mysteries.

HOOOLY CRAP, you know alot more than me.  Ah, I forgot about the slipstream bubble..ugh :(  that means I'll never get to see Hasley and the others in a another Halo Story. *Bleep*  Yea Medicant Bias did give the locations of the Shield World to the flood.  The possible idea of the Dyson Sphere being all connected would be a nice plot, but Bungie never really included the in-depth back story in Halo 2, 3.  I don't think they'll change the videogames narrative anytime soon for the books.

Man, I remember the days when many people were just trying to figure out if the halo was a grand living space for Forerunner people or a prison/research facility for the flood.

SHHH...