By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I noticed something cool about this weeks sales...

kingofwale said:
I wouldn't read too much into the MW2 week, it was under the "bundle" effect.

look at the week after or before, it will give you a much better idea

The "bundle" effect is just heating up and will stay there for the next few weeks. The sales ratio between the two won't change too much before FFXIII release in Japan.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

Around the Network
toastboy44562 said:
steverhcp02 said:
toastboy44562 said:

In america the 360 outsold the PS3 by 77%

In others the PS3 outsold the 360 by 77%

So if you average it out the PS3 is = to the 360 in sales.

Now if you count Japan (where they dont buy western products because they are racist) the ps3 has a little lead obviously.

so in conclusion i think that the 100 dollar price cut had an almost = affect on the 360 as it did on the ps3 and that they both at this point, have an approximate = lifetime to sell (not counting the japaneese)..discuss

They dont buy unreliable poorly manufactured products when there are better comparable products on the market because theyre smart consumers.

As for the other %.......Modern Warfare bundle of 75k plus various week long walmart sales. Nice try though.

my ps3 broke in less time than my 360, there both very unreliable imho. judging by what your saying every person in japan would own a wii only...

most of my friends who has a 360 had the RROD once (some more than once). there's only one friend i know of whose 360 still hasn't bricked.

judging by my personal experience, and judging from others' experiences.

judging by the media coverage of the infamous "RROD".

i come to the conclusion that yes, x360 is unreliable compared to the ps3. (but i'm not saying that ps3s don't break, cuz i know a couple of people that had theirs overheat. =P)

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

toastboy44562 said:
steverhcp02 said:
toastboy44562 said:

Now if you count Japan (where they dont buy western products because they are racist) the ps3 has a little lead obviously.

so in conclusion i think that the 100 dollar price cut had an almost = affect on the 360 as it did on the ps3 and that they both at this point, have an approximate = lifetime to sell (not counting the japaneese)..discuss

They dont buy unreliable poorly manufactured products when there are better comparable products on the market because theyre smart consumers.

As for the other %.......Modern Warfare bundle of 75k plus various week long walmart sales. Nice try though.

my ps3 broke in less time than my 360, there both very unreliable imho. judging by what your saying every person in japan would own a wii only...

read again ...

and dont worry, the 360 may come back WW during these holidays as the 360 arcade sales increases.

funny how people claim Japan is racist while those guys just LOVED the last MJackson movie (go check the entry numbers)

Time to Work !

dolemit3 said:
kingofwale said:

The "bundle" effect is just heating up and will stay there for the next few weeks. The sales ratio between the two won't change too much before FFXIII release in Japan.

I REALLY doubt it is just "heating up"'. We are talking MW2, first week sales are the more important and I higly doubt the bundle itself will continue to similarly OR BETTER each week from now ... For me, the effect will decrease over the time

and there is also AC2 that was released with PS3 ads + bundle

Time to Work !

toastboy44562 said:
steverhcp02 said:
toastboy44562 said:

Still they wouldnt ever buy a xbox

Around the Network
libellule said:
dolemit3 said:
kingofwale said:

I REALLY doubt it is just "heating up"'. We are talking MW2, first week sales are the more important and I higly doubt the bundle itself will continue to similarly OR BETTER each week from now ... For me, the effect will decrease over the time

and there is also AC2 that was released with PS3 ads + bundle

Retailers are now bundling another game with MW2 bundle (free Left 4 Dead 2 on Amazon), the US sales will just keep on growing and since the UK never received the Modern Warfare bundle in the first place, the slide in the Others won't be anything dramatic.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

toastboy44562 said:

Or it could just be a huge coincidence?

For that matter, saying the Japanese are racist just because they don't like the 360 is about the dumbest thing you've ever said. And that's an accomplishment.

I mean, seriously. Who are they racist towards, Americans?

Let's wait two weeks and then we come back to discuss. My bet is that the x360 will stay flat or go down in Others and US while PS3 rises 12-20 % each week. This last weeks were a anomaly given the MW launch and Walmart promo.

VASCO DA GAMA CAMPEÃO DA COPA DO BRASIL!!!

CONGRATULATIONS VASCÃO

VICE É O CARALH*

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future......NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Yeah I'm gonna do it. Amazon has the Arcade at #3 (with a little green arrow pointing up) and the Slim at #21 (with a little red arrow pointing down). PS3 is DOOOOOOOOMED!!

Weird analysis is still weird.

I DISCOVERED A COOKIE!

I WIN!