By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Natal will put 360 on top for the rest of the generation

Hus said:
kowenicki said:
@leokind

PS3 sphere... is that what its called now? and no... it isnt. Natal will be far and away more successful than the wand.

Based on what, MSs legendary history of succesful casual games ?

Sonys waggle has the benefit of being alot like Wiis, people will adopt it much easier then natal.  Hell my gf wants it cause its like wii and iam probably gonna get stuck buying that wagglla.  But better buying that then a wii. 

You probably will see PS3/Wii games form 3rd partys, with PS3 far far superior graphics setting them apart.  Less risk making a Wii/PS3 game then making a 360 only casual game. 

Some common sense dude Natal has simple logistics going agianst it, has MS tiny 1st party comapred to Sonys huge. 

Who cares if MS has tiny 1st party when they have HUGE 3rd party support. 

• Activision Blizzard 
  • Bethesda Softworks 
  • CAPCOM 
  • Disney Interactive 
  • Electronic Arts 
  • Konami 
  • MTV Games 
  • Namco Bandai 
  • Sega 
  • Square Enix 
  • THQ Inc. 
  • Ubisoft 

http://www.loadingreality.com/Xbox-360/Microsoft-Announces-Natal-Developers.html

Last I checked, Bethesda isn't in the casual game market these days. Why are so many convinced this is ONLY a casual thing?

Around the Network
r505Matt said:

Who cares if MS has tiny 1st party when they have HUGE 3rd party support. 

• Activision Blizzard 
  • Bethesda Softworks 
  • CAPCOM 
  • Disney Interactive 
  • Electronic Arts 
  • Konami 
  • MTV Games 
  • Namco Bandai 
  • Sega 
  • Square Enix 
  • THQ Inc. 
  • Ubisoft 

http://www.loadingreality.com/Xbox-360/Microsoft-Announces-Natal-Developers.html

Last I checked, Bethesda isn't in the casual game market these days. Why are so many convinced this is ONLY a casual thing?

Nice list of companys you got, how many games announced ? 

What dont most of you get, first they will experiemnt with natal.  Analize costs, do the numbers of how much can a game sale only on xbox.  And even if they do throw support behind Natal you wont se a single game worth a damn from them for at least 2 years.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
SmokedHostage said:
I hope Natal crashes and burns; leading to a long, painful death.

That said, I doubt it will put the 360 on top. It's not a disruptive product but rather a "me-too" eye-toy like perphiral. Besides, my room is not perfectly white and I doubt most 360 owners have perfectly white rooms so they can fully use Natal.

Natal is racist?

This isn't the PS Eye we are talking about.  This is no where near a "me-too" product either.... that'd be the Sony Wand trying to "me-too" the Wiimote.  Natal tracks 3D motion via infra red bursts.  It doesn't really matter what color you or your surroundings are.  It even tracks full body 3D motion in full darkness without any light at all (meaning no glowing ball crap), so not even the color Black will not be a problem.

libellule said:
jarrod said:
libellule said:
about the hype on Natal :

people have to realize it is REALLY far from the casual crowd right now
but, to defend Natal, we are also far from the release date meaning it is expected that NO one outside game/tech lovers know it ...

I pretty much agree with this.  I'm bullish on Natal largely off Microsoft's track record, they've really become masters at dealing with and manipulating the industry media.  I don't think it'll come close to Wii, but it'll probably help Microsoft regain their position post-slim.

to precise a bit my past post :

I DO THINK Natal may reach the mainstream media because MS are pro when it comes to marketing.

But, right now, Natal is NOTHING ...

Wait... how can Natal be really far from the casual crowd?  It's taken over every late night television show and morning news program.  Even my mom, my grandma, my aunts, my very very casual never play games and not even the Wii type people know and are hyped for Natal...

Right now, after E3 hype has finally settled down, Natal isn't being talked about as much, but it is still far from nothing.  PS3 Wand is NOTHING.

^ It is a me-too product, actually. But it's more advanced, just like the wands. Nothing wrong with that either, so don't reach for my neck.

OT: It all depends on the pricing, and the software at launch.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network

I don't believe this will really affect te Wii at all,Natal will be competing with 4th gen Wii games .

This post somehow screwed up,  ill re do it later when I have time

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

The fact alone this thread exists shows how screwed up people have their perceptions of the market, and it's all based on Microsoft's crafty PR.

Zlejedi said:
Natal will flop and so will Sony wands.

That's my brave prediction.

This. 100this's. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming. What do the hardcore gamers buy? 360/PS3. What do the casual gamers buy: Wii. Unless MS or Sony are hiding some pretty big secret games for E3 2010 to go with this new technology neither one will be gaining much attention if any.

Only people who browse the internet for information about games and consoles and whatever even care about this. I can promise you none of my friends even know about Natal or the Wand. And yes they ALL own consoles.

dsgrue3 said:
Zlejedi said:
Natal will flop and so will Sony wands.

That's my brave prediction.

This. 100this's. Anyone who says otherwise is dreaming. What do the hardcore gamers buy? 360/PS3. What do the casual gamers buy: Wii. Unless MS or Sony are hiding some pretty big secret games for E3 2010 to go with this new technology neither one will be gaining much attention if any.

Only people who browse the internet for information about games and consoles and whatever even care about this. I can promise you none of my friends even know about Natal or the Wand. And yes they ALL own consoles.

Somebody should tell them. Poor Microsoft. They spent millions of dollars buying 3DV. Maybe just maybe they will see these super insightful posts on a forum from people that obviously know the market better than Microsoft and Sony