By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who eles thinks killzone 3 SHOULDN'T be accesible........

Yes lets make the game exclusive on teh system with the lowest install base, and shooters dont sell well on it, but hey fuck it, lets make it for those 1% of hardcore players who can play it.

Around the Network
Garnett said:

Yes lets make the game exclusive on teh system with the lowest install base, and shooters dont sell well on it, but hey fuck it, lets make it for those 1% of hardcore players who can play it.

That part doesn't make sense. Shooters may not sell as well as on 360 but to say that they dont sell well after MW2's opening is ridiculous

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Garnett said:

when I see 1 just 1 game like killzone 2 or any skilled shooter for the 360 i would say put the game on 360 but until then all the "skilled" people on 360 are F***ing noobs. It's just so many noobs......... but noobs non the less. If you think your hardcore in fps by a ps3...... and or pc.

god, halo.................. THATS it HALO, omg, omg, 360 has sooooo many shooters.............. you ONLY and I repeat ONLY!!!!!!! have freaking halo -_-

and if you thinks thats hardcore........... YOUR A NOOB.

I think a difficulty system would make it better for all.

I want it to stay hardcore, but I would also like to see a Killzone game explode on the charts.

the problem with killzone 2 and resistance 2, is that only the skilled player won every time lol

i think if they make it more accesable more ppl will play it.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

@Prstine

I mean exclusive, MW2 has out sold KZ2 LTD, MW2 is HUGE, You cant compare the two,and its known that the Xbox is the shooter console.

killzone 2 is awesome. they need to change the online play for killzone 3.

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3

Battlefield said:
papflesje said:
Maybe so, but they do need cash, so if more mainstream means more money, then why wouldn't they (at least consider to implement both set-ups)

AHHHH that shit boils my blood....... I'm  not mad at you dude, but you are so right and that sucks so much ass. Why must hardcore fps die out for these noob games. Why are gamers in no way willing to become hardcore. You know, no one is willing to step outside the box and it's the only way games will advance and move foward. God i wish people would try, just try to put some skill and thinking into the fps they play. Think about how far the genre would go if the skillful, meaning shooters became the norm. I don't hate call of duty but i'm starting to hate what it's doing.

Yeah it's hard and yeah it will take a lot of time but everyone had to do it. I didn't one day wake up and was just instantly good at battlefield, killzone, teamfortress,socom, etc. That shit took time....... A LOT of time. You know what, I think every should stop with the it's all about me, and start teaming up in game designed for hardcore teamwork, and if you can't get into a team which should be impossible, all you have to do is ask, "I'm new to this"...... that's all it takes, you will get many clan request with people just ginuwily willing to show you the ropes. I've seen it happen in many hardcore, said to be impossible games. And if you wanna go at it alone, then do that, but play the game, do what's asked, that will be harder but you will become a much better player....... I'm really starting to shed a tear for the genre I love the most.

If your a lonely noob, and feel intimidted when your playing skillful game , you get slaughtered, can't get into the controlls or atmosphere, stop right there, take deep breaths, before you go awol and start blaming everything eles, know that is is you not the game that's punishing you, you know what i take that back, it is the game trying to punish you, but it's for a reason little nooblet, it so you can actually improve and believe me it makes you a much better player. I wanna see MAG do really really well, it one of those games. Killzone as well............ and socom and warhawk.

maybe one day........ maybe.............. hopefully. I can still dream right?

Well, skilled players will win, no matter what the game (unless it's completely hacked).

The point is that - although a lot of people play because they want to get better / are good at it - an even bigger group of people play to have fun. If those people are deterred by your game because of certain things (be it controls or insane difficulty), then it cuts into the developer too. No money for the developer = no more new hardcore game either, so it's a bit of both worlds.

Demon's Souls won't sell gangbusters, but it does great for how difficult it is, but the cost of the game is probably lower than what Killzone 2 cost. If that game then goes on to be hardcore, then "high input cost... low outcome revenue"... not something you can sell to a publisher twice in a row...

So basically, it's "face the music". Hardcore people need mainstream people to keep their games alive :)

KylieDog said:
Bad controls and large deadzones do not make a game for the 'hardcore'.

you've never played killzone...... I hate that dumb cliche, killzone 2 always always had fully populated games always.

papflesje said:
Battlefield said:
papflesje said:
Maybe so, but they do need cash, so if more mainstream means more money, then why wouldn't they (at least consider to implement both set-ups)

AHHHH that shit boils my blood....... I'm  not mad at you dude, but you are so right and that sucks so much ass. Why must hardcore fps die out for these noob games. Why are gamers in no way willing to become hardcore. You know, no one is willing to step outside the box and it's the only way games will advance and move foward. God i wish people would try, just try to put some skill and thinking into the fps they play. Think about how far the genre would go if the skillful, meaning shooters became the norm. I don't hate call of duty but i'm starting to hate what it's doing.

Yeah it's hard and yeah it will take a lot of time but everyone had to do it. I didn't one day wake up and was just instantly good at battlefield, killzone, teamfortress,socom, etc. That shit took time....... A LOT of time. You know what, I think every should stop with the it's all about me, and start teaming up in game designed for hardcore teamwork, and if you can't get into a team which should be impossible, all you have to do is ask, "I'm new to this"...... that's all it takes, you will get many clan request with people just ginuwily willing to show you the ropes. I've seen it happen in many hardcore, said to be impossible games. And if you wanna go at it alone, then do that, but play the game, do what's asked, that will be harder but you will become a much better player....... I'm really starting to shed a tear for the genre I love the most.

If your a lonely noob, and feel intimidted when your playing skillful game , you get slaughtered, can't get into the controlls or atmosphere, stop right there, take deep breaths, before you go awol and start blaming everything eles, know that is is you not the game that's punishing you, you know what i take that back, it is the game trying to punish you, but it's for a reason little nooblet, it so you can actually improve and believe me it makes you a much better player. I wanna see MAG do really really well, it one of those games. Killzone as well............ and socom and warhawk.

maybe one day........ maybe.............. hopefully. I can still dream right?

Well, skilled players will win, no matter what the game (unless it's completely hacked).

The point is that - although a lot of people play because they want to get better / are good at it - an even bigger group of people play to have fun. If those people are deterred by your game because of certain things (be it controls or insane difficulty), then it cuts into the developer too. No money for the developer = no more new hardcore game either, so it's a bit of both worlds.

Demon's Souls won't sell gangbusters, but it does great for how difficult it is, but the cost of the game is probably lower than what Killzone 2 cost. If that game then goes on to be hardcore, then "high input cost... low outcome revenue"... not something you can sell to a publisher twice in a row...

So basically, it's "face the music". Hardcore people need mainstream people to keep their games alive :)

that means the death of hardcore........ once it's accesible to all, it's ceases being hardcore, all the noobs need to man the f*** up and get better is what i'm saying. All games have to be noob to survive....... Thats sucks so hard