By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Montreal shifting focus away from Wii games

letsdance said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
noname2200 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^

*Looks at RE4 Wii edition sales*

In fairness, RE4 has sold much more on the HD consoles. I guess you could argue that adding co-op helped though.

RE4 Wii was a port of a game that was originally on the GCN, and sold very well, if a 2 year old port can do that, then the arguments about there being no viable market on Wii are false

yeah... because viable platforms get ignored... i guess the gamecube was the best choice to make a game last gen.

Wii is much more viable than the GCN, even back then, the Wii version sold almost as much as the GCN one

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:
noname2200 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^

In fairness, RE4 has sold much more on the HD consoles. I guess you could argue that adding co-op helped though.

RE4 Wii was a port of a game that was originally on the GCN, and sold very well, if a 2 year old port can do that, then the arguments about there being no viable market on Wii are false

Well, sure, but the HD version of RE4 released two years after RE4: Wii Edition.

I think that's impressive.

noname2200 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
noname2200 said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
^

Well, sure, but the HD version of RE4 released two years after RE4: Wii Edition.

I think that's impressive.

Do you mean RE5?  That's a different game than RE4

RE4 was never on 360 or PS3

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Soriku said:
letsdance said:
LOL... you guys are trying so hard your now making up your own arguements! lol.

Making up arguments...you mean making up perfectly valid arguments? I thought that's what you were SUPPOSED to do?

Have anything better to add besides "lol you guys are so delusional lol"?

But its when you start arguing with yourself is when the delusions come to play...

Looking at the list, they haven't made a game worth buying yet.

Not concerned about their shift in development.

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:

Do you mean RE5?  That's a different game than RE4

RE4 was never on 360 or PS3

I've played both of them.

You're wrong.

Funny how wii fans can use RE4 but PS360 owners can't use any good selling titles as an example

But war... war never changes

Ah, my sarcasm meter must be busted, darn you Rol!

Soriku said:

@tyig

Nobody's saying the HD consoles can't sell games though.

I will.

HD folks can't use first-party, known-IP games, games with a big budget, games in the shooter genre, or games that contain the letter "e" in their title.

Take that!

Each one of these threads turns out the same, honestly, the studio hasn't offered any platform that great of games, some people liked Army of Two, maybe that'll be their blockbuster one day, so honestly it's no loss to anyone. They've yet to make something must have on Wii and the few Army of Two fans might get a game with more work put into it.

Their logic is a bit flawed with why they want to leave, but in the end, who cares :P "Oh we want to leave because the Wii market is unpredictable cause no one advertises anything, but wait we could make a PS360/PC title that'll cost a ton to make but it might sell millions cause we'll advertise it cause if we don't we won't be able to recoup those losses and be ruined! It's the perfect market for us"

Sounds silly but it really is what happens, publishers invest a lot into HD titles cause they know they take a ton to make, then to make up for their own investments they advertise the hell out of it, and it gets sold or it bombs which usually leads to multiple sequels of the same game in hopes to keep the gold mine running, or closing of the unsuccessful studio.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000