By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Montreal shifting focus away from Wii games

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Its funny how they toss up sales but not profits, how good are the profits for the HD market?

probablly a lot bettr than the Wii... these people know what they are doing. They know the business and their company a whole hell of a lot better than you.

Around the Network

Sales are not the same as profits (especially since Activision basically blew half the profits of the opening week on marketing and development). Ubisoft and Activision have made it clear the Wii helps their bottom line. They aren't going to drop it just because you say so.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

@Let'sdance LOL, not even close, Nintendo is making much more profits than any of the HD market guys

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

scottie said:
In 12 months time we shall see a news report of

"EA closes montreal studios."

I mean, the only game they've made for the PS360 is Amry of Two (lol). If they spend lots of money on a shiny HD game, it will still have just as bad gameplay as army of two

What you are talking about is talent and not profits

scottie said:
In 12 months time we shall see a news report of

"EA closes montreal studios."

I mean, the only game they've made for the PS360 is Amry of Two (lol). If they spend lots of money on a shiny HD game, it will still have just as bad gameplay as army of two

In their defense, Army of Two did surprisingly well. Stunningly well, in fact, considering.

letsdance said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Its funny how they toss up sales but not profits, how good are the profits for the HD market?

probablly a lot bettr than the Wii... these people know what they are doing. They know the business and their company a whole hell of a lot better than you.

I like how you say this with a straight face in light of EA's financial situation over the past five years, let alone the worldwide economic meltdown we're all going through courtesy of the folks you have so much faith in. Keep it up!

Around the Network
Avinash_Tyagi said:

@Let'sdance LOL, not even close, Nintendo is making much more profits than any of the HD market guys

LOL LOL LOL! is this your evidence? A company with a high profit margin on 2 consoles that sell which sell boatloads means third parties make more profit on the Wii?

letsdance said:
SaviorX said:
letsdance said:
Lol... this is a bad time to try and talk trash about 3rd party and HD... have you not seen Ubisofts or Activisions HD game performances? Cut the Wii and focus on HD and try to get those sales.

Are you serious? ......... Do you have anything to back up what you are claiming here?
1 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 4,938,186
2 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 3,201,005

Get back to you in a day with more numbers.

So you take the biggest entertainment  launch of all-time for any medium and try to spin it as the norm?

Don't make me laugh.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

@ Letsdance, only a few publishers in the HD market are actually seeing any profit, and none are near where Nintendo is

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

letsdance said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

LOL LOL LOL! is this your evidence? A company with a high profit margin on 2 consoles that sell which sell boatloads means third parties make more profit on the Wii?

No I'm saying that the HD market is very unhealthy and dying

Avinash_Tyagi said:
letsdance said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

No I'm saying that the HD market is very unhealthy and dying

Funny you say that in a thread about Wii's 3rd party support focusing towards HD... Funny you say that when HD has over 50% market when this time last gen Ps2 had 70% market... I can plug my ears and close my eyes too.