By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Montreal shifting focus away from Wii games

"The Wii market is a little bit unpredictable these days. We’re going to see how Christmas is going to do and while with the Wii we have had very successful titles, we are going to focus on big, blockbuster-type titles. It doesn't mean that we are going to abandon the Wii, but as a studio we want to be ready for new challenges." - EA Montreal General Manager Alain Tascan

Link:

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ea-montreal-re-focusing-on-hd-quality-products

EA Montreal has several games in their repertoire: (source: wikipedia)

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network

aha...
that was sad

Meh. Their Wii games look solid, but hardly remarkable. Too bad EA never gave them funding for "big, blockbuster-type" Wii games.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Wait. NFS Nitro is already out? Did they even try to advertise it? That's not an unpredictable market. That's called piss poor marketing.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Soriku,

That's likely what they will do since the Army of Two has a larger fanbase and EA is actually putting money and development time into that IP unlike the Wii efforts.

Actually this could be good for the Wii. Especially if this cuts down on the shovelware and EA actually uses the money to make games for the Wii that Nintendo does not make, like their games on the other Platforms. For example, an RTS game or The Sims like the PC version instead of my sims. Yeah I know, Hell will freeze over before EA will do anything like that. But A man can dream.

If Nintendo is successful at the moment, it’s because they are good, and I cannot blame them for that. What we should do is try to be just as good.----Laurent Benadiba

Around the Network

I retort "You can't speak 'weak' without EA".

Things that need to die in 2016: Defeatist attitudes of Nintendo fans

EA is gonna bleed so much more cash with their new "blockbuster HD games".

Not going to miss these guys, for sure

Respect that they will put more time in the blockbusters even if it means having a higher chance of going bankrupt...Respect.

I was really looking forward to Boogie nights 3.