By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA Montreal shifting focus away from Wii games

Investing the most isn't the same as investing well. If Extraction had been either fast paced and a rail shooter, or slow paced but a TPS like the original games, it would have done a lot better.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
Ail said:
Kenology said:
EA is gonna bleed so much more cash with their new "blockbuster HD games".

Ea is the third party that invested the most into the Wii in 2009 and the one having the worse financial year......

So now you're trying to blame that on the Wii, huh?

Soriku said:
"That is a 30% decrease in sales..."

I wonder why...maybe it's because Tiger Woods 09 had the holiday boost on its side?

No clue, but the first game sold more on a 25 million users base than the last one ever will on a 55 millions one...

And the last one is the one that has been the best received in terms of quality...

Then you wonder why they decide not to invest as much...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Kenology said:
Ail said:
Kenology said:
EA is gonna bleed so much more cash with their new "blockbuster HD games".

Ea is the third party that invested the most into the Wii in 2009 and the one having the worse financial year......

So now you're trying to blame that on the Wii, huh?

All I'm saying is that they are the one major US publisher that halfway through this gen did try to change their strategy and do more for the Wii support, maybe it wasn't the right games, maybe it was too late, but it sure did not work out well and now they are going to cut their loss while they still can...

Tiger Woods '10 will beat or equal the previous installments given the time. What a weak comparison, Ail. You're just trying too hard now.

Around the Network

Good to see that EA finally recognized that Wii development is not as lucrative as everyone thinks and will spend more time developing on consoles where they can sell their games and where 3rd party titles tend to thrive.

As more time passes you will see more established publishers follow in the same steps and all the Wii will be left with is Nintendo first party and games like Crazy Chicken Tales.

Soriku said:
Ail said:
Soriku said:
"That is a 30% decrease in sales..."

I wonder why...maybe it's because Tiger Woods 09 had the holiday boost on its side?

No clue, but the first game sold more on a 25 million users base than the last one ever will on a 55 millions one...

And the last one is the one that has been the best received in terms of quality...

Then you wonder why they decide not to invest as much...

You do know that PGA Tour 10 is tracking higher than PGA Tour 08 even when PGA Tour 08 released closer to the holidays than 10 right? And comparing a game that's been out for 2+ years to one that's only been out for 5-6 months is so fair dude. Nice try though.

10 is blue, 09 is red

http://www.vgchartz.com/swlaunch.php?reg1=All&game1=Tiger+Woods+PGA+Tour+10+-+Wii&reg2=All&game2=Tiger+Woods+PGA+Tour+09+All-Play+-+Wii&reg3=All&game3=Tiger+Woods+PGA+Tour+08+-+Wii&weeks=100

Soriku said:
Train wreck said:
Good to see that EA finally recognized that Wii development is not as lucrative as everyone thinks and will spend more time developing on consoles where they can sell their games and where 3rd party titles tend to thrive.

As more time passes you will see more established publishers follow in the same steps and all the Wii will be left with is Nintendo first party and games like Crazy Chicken Tales.

I'm sure you know this is one of many sections at EA and not the company as a whole...oh wait, you don't which explains the poor attempt of trolling this is

EA Montreal is, to me at least, a baramoter of what EA is thinking internally.  I know that EA has multiple divisions, which gaming company doesnt...oh wait you dont know the scope of my gaming knowledge which explains the poor attempt at calling me out.

Soriku said:
Train wreck said:
Soriku said:
Train wreck said:

I'm sure you know this is one of many sections at EA and not the company as a whole...oh wait, you don't which explains the poor attempt of trolling this is

EA Montreal is, to me at least, a baramoter of what EA is thinking internally.  I know that EA has multiple divisions, which gaming company doesnt...oh wait you dont know the scope of my gaming knowledge which explains the poor attempt at calling me out.

EA Montreal is one of the worst divisions at EA just looking at the games they've made (Boogie - lol, Army of Two - mediocre shooter, etc.). Plus they never said they weren't going to make any more Wii games, the article is just spun like that.

EA Montreal was founded in 2004, its one of EA youngest studios, yet you say its the worst based on 2 games that sold reasonable well (~1 mil for Boogie, over 2 mil for Army of Two).  Good logic there.

So let me get this straight:
EA Montreal

• Released one late spin-off to a game that sold less than 900k multiplatform (Skate It)
  • One Boogie game and its cash-in sequel
  • A bare-bones Need for Speed based off Hot Wheels that came out more than a month after the traditional HD counterparts
  • SSX Blur, THE worst console SSX ever.

And now they want to abandon ship? It is like taking all the crops out of someone's garden and then salting the land so nothing ever grows there again, only to move on to the next place because "its not good anymore".

Skate It has been going up in sales recently because the price has dropped to a point where people can accept it relative to its quality.

The ignorance being shown by EAM here is mind-boggling. I could not possibly say enough.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."