By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox Europe Blown Away By Reception Of Sky Player On Xbox 360

It's neither hyberbole nor hype in my book.  If you have Gold and a Sky sub you can watch you SKY programmes streamed through your 360.  I do it and it's great but TBH I'm not sure why it's being called out as something amazing.  If you have SKY and a 360 why wouldn't you use it?  It's like getting excited about lots of people with PS3s using iPlayer from BBC...

The only story element is that for some odd reason they misjudged demand, which I still find perplexing.  The number of 360/Gold owners who already pay for Sky must be high - why wouldn't they use something useful for no additional charge?

Not trying to downplay it, like I say I use the service and it's good - but it's really a no brainer it would be popular.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

Some people (perhaps lots of people) need to look up the meaning of literally. I find it hard to believe that some Sky employees were really physically moved by a wind/blast force due to the sales of Sky through Xbox.  :)

Sounds like a really good service.

It's gotta be better than Go!view, which was SKY TV on the Sony PSP.

I read Sky are looking to bring this service to all home consoles but MS Silverlight (and it's DRM) is the major drawback, however this can hopefully be overcome with the free linux version of silverlight, Moonlight.

If you like to watch TV and own a 360, then Sky/360 sounds like a good marriage...if you can afford it, of course.

PoundHound said:

(Text)

Your gamerscore is...distracting.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Please bring this to America!!!

It'd be sweet to just have a X360, Netflix and some sort of deal with DirectTV or another company, and not have to pay $60/mo for lame cable.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.