By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Warner going Blu-Ray exclusive?

Warner is having a press conference in about 20 minutes. Either way, we'll know whether or not they are making a switch as soon as the reporters get to their cell phones and this goes to the net.

Around the Network

I think a lot of companies will make changes after the holiday season with $150-200 HD players and lots of PS3 sales this could be a deciding moment.

And for the guy that said why should they release on both formats.....its just like multiplatform games. They could release A movie on BD/HD and get 125,000 BD and 60,000 HD but if they only sold in one format at this point they would only get 125-140000 BD or 60-70000 HD. I think it is safe not to play favorites at this point.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

I can't wait for lordtheknight's response : " This doesn't prove a thing" haha.

altimus said:
Warner is having a press conference in about 20 minutes. Either way, we'll know whether or not they are making a switch as soon as the reporters get to their cell phones and this goes to the net.

There's a press conference?  Please provide linkage!

I should very much like to know the outcome of this press conference, can someone PM me when results are due? Going to bed now!

Around the Network

I really couldn't care less because neither format will have enough market share to be relevant before a better alternative takes over.

Mummelmann said:
I should very much like to know the outcome of this press conference, can someone PM me when results are due? Going to bed now!

The press conference has already happened and I haven't heard any big news.  In fact, the intended purpose was for Warner Bros to announce part of their 2008 lineup of movies and such. 

ssj12 said:
well every HD movie they released sells better on Blu-ray then HD-DVD so why should the continue to waste money on HD-DVD.

Because dropping HD-DVD at this stage would cost them sales, revenue and profits. That's why.

I think it would be insane for them to drop HD-DVD now. Maybe early next year will be a good time to evaluate what is happening - but not at the start of the Xmas selling period! 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099