By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 tops UK chart (week 42 ending 27th October)

All formats chart:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015 

Individual format chart: 

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

PES 2008 has been released on 4 platforms: PS2 version made up for 42% of all PES 2008 sales this week while Xbox 360 version also sold very well with 30%.

Although Chart Track didn't give information about PS3 version it can be assumed that it has sold most of the remaining 28%: the forth platform (PC) sold negligible numbers and isn't even in top 40 individual format chart. 

Comment from Chart Track: 

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=493&s=1111 

Around the Network

Yahoo! Cooking Mama back in the top 10!

Not really a suprise, PES was always going to be a huge seller

add me

Top 3 games all football games.......sad as u like!

Wow, the Xbox 360 version of PES actually sold more than the PS3 version? I thought that the football lovers were mostly staying with the Playstation brand, but it seems that many of them migrated to the 360 from the PS2.

And regarding PC sales, it's not going to be like that in many European countries... PES sells quite well on PC in Portugal and in Germany for example.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

For comparision:
PS2 version accounted for 44% of Fifa 08 first week sales.
Xbox 360 version accounted for 26% of Fifa 08 first week sales.
PS3 version accounted for 20% of Fifa 08 first week sales.

Fifa was released on 7 platforms (also on DS/Wii/PSP and PC) while PES only on 4, so it's natural that most Xbox 360 and PS3 version have bigger share in PES first week's sales than in Fifa 08.

NJ5 said:

Wow, the Xbox 360 version of PES actually sold more than the PS3 version? I thought that the football lovers were mostly staying with the Playstation brand, but it seems that many of them migrated to the 360 from the PS2.

And regarding PC sales, it's not going to be like that in many European countries... PES sells quite well on PC in Portugal and in Germany for example.

Well, some places have reported the PS3 version has some pretty crappy slowdowns... and by some places, I think the desginer himself said so.  That and the UK seems to be a Hybrid American/Europe market.

They hold more Europeon prefrences, yet console buying wise they seem to lean more towards the American market.  I'd assume this is because they got a lot more earlier videogames from Nintendo and the like as opposed to other parts of europe that didn't get to many serious offerings until the Playstation era.

Kasz216 said:
NJ5 said:

Well, some places have reported the PS3 version has some pretty crappy slowdowns... and by some places, I think the desginer himself said so. That and the UK seems to be a Hybrid American/Europe market.

They hold more Europeon prefrences, yet console buying wise they seem to lean more towards the American market. I'd assume this is because they got a lot more earlier videogames from Nintendo and the like as opposed to other parts of europe that didn't get to many serious offerings until the Playstation era.

You're right, I've heard about those issues. Online mode is practically unplayable and even offline play has slowdowns and bugs on the PS3. In the Portuguese forums I frequent I saw people who are pretty pissed off and some who even return their game (and rightly so, I don't even know how Konami would release a game with such bad problems). But even knowing that, it's still a bit surprising to see the 360 version actually outselling the PS3 version for this particular game.

- double post.

probably PES PS3 bundle will make amazing sales. =)
PS3 FTW. =]
only 2 weeks left. :)

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far