By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BIAS - Dragon Age Origins - PS3\Xbox 360 score

Squilliam said:
Munkeh111 said:
Squilliam said:
I agree with Munkeh here. We've seen this debated in relation to Wii vs PS360 reviews. The game should be reviewed on its own merits rather than compared to other versions.

Furthermore selectively cutting down different versions for performance disadvantages isn't a sustainable position. To begin with there isn't a baseline performance level for the PC version so where do you draw the line? Also between the Xbox 360 and PS3 there has always existed a margin where if they are close the scores are identical. Wouldn't it be more truthful to go backwards in time and change the scores for pretty much every single multiplatform game because the Xbox 360 plays them a little better?

But then you also have to consider that for value, 360 games should get a lower score if they have multiplayer since you have to pay for gold as well... The value category is rubbish, because then platinum (or greatest hits) games should be getting higher scores because they cost less

I think you either review them together or entirely seperately. In this case, I would have one PC review and one PS360 review, with a paragraph in the later comparing the 2 versions.

But that would be completely wrong for someone like me who doesn't play with/against other people and only downloads demos and things. Therefore the value score should be the same or higher for the Xbox 360.

I personally think theres no point in mentioning whether one version or the other has slightly more spiffy textures unless its quite obvious. The people who care obviously can find out from other sources which game runs slightly better.

@Dbot Digital foundry are run by a grandmaster of sorts.

I am familiar with Digital Foundry. I think the point you missed is if we need a high end capture anaylsis of 2 games to spot any differences then there really is no difference at all, right? This is as unnecessary as arguing percentage point differences in the review scores between 2 versions of a game. I'll be honest, I can't tell the difference between .13 frames a second.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
dbot said:

I am familiar with Digital Foundry. I think the point you missed is if we need a high end capture anaylsis of 2 games to spot any differences then there really is no difference at all, right? This is as unnecessary as arguing percentage point differences in the review scores between 2 versions of a game. I'll be honest, I can't tell the difference between .13 frames a second.

Well if theres no analysis then you couldn't prove it, especially as other people aren't as sensitive.

Me: GTAIV has better frame rate on the Xbox 360

You: Bull! I never noticed a difference, you're lying!

Me: No, its definately there and thats why I don't like the Ps3 version

You: Troll!!!!

Me: See? Digital Foundry backs me up!

(hypothetical)

Tease.

Squilliam said:
dbot said:

Well if theres no analysis then you couldn't prove it, especially as other people aren't as sensitive.

Me: GTAIV has better frame rate on the Xbox 360

You: Bull! I never noticed a difference, you're lying!

Me: No, its definately there and thats why I don't like the Ps3 version

You: Troll!!!!

Me: See? Digital Foundry backs me up!

(hypothetical)

Here is how that hypothetical conversation would really play out.

You: GTAIV has better frame rate on the Xbox 360

Me: I don't give a shit. 

dbot said:

Nah, if you didn't care then you wouldn't have brought it up.

Tease.

This is resolved, locking.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
dbot said:

Nah, if you didn't care then you wouldn't have brought it up.

I thought you brought it up?