By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony planning paid PSN subscriptions for 2010

Madskillz had the same thread...

Oh and i wouldnt doubt it.

Around the Network
Garnett said:

Madskillz had the same thread...

Oh and i wouldnt doubt it.

Seriously your posts on this site are of SO little contribution..

PSN as we know it now will remain free, only extra things such as QORE! will have to be paid for

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

Hey gamelover

You know Xbox Live is free?

But you gotta pay for gold...

What does that mean?

Xbox Live is FREE!

Im sure PSN gaming will remain free, but Sony will include some extra content in the "subscription" based program.

Garnett said:

Hey gamelover

You know Xbox Live is free?

But you gotta pay for gold...

What does that mean?

Xbox Live is FREE!

Im sure PSN gaming will remain free, but Sony will include some extra content in the "subscription" based program.

did you even read the article? or comments? PSN as it is RIGHT NOW! will stay the same, even after 2010, the only things changing are some extra things you can subscribe to SUCH AS QORE, Playing online on PSN will remain free..

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

I seriously don't understand some of you people saying you wouldn't pay to play online. It costs less than 10 cents a day to play on xbox live ( last 13 months costed me 29.99 ). The service is well worth that much money to play! And I am certain the same could be said for PSN if need be. Yes it would suck to have to pay it, but its a good service in the long run and well worth the $.

PSN and Live both cost a lot of money to sustain and make better. So I can understand that Sony wants a new revenue stream coming in. No matter what you think of Microsoft they really have gotten it right with Live. And I feel like paying a small amount of money to continually improve the service is well worth it.

"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."

Quote by- The Imortal John Wayne, the original BADASS!

Around the Network

@Gamelover

Yes i did read it, did you read what i put?

Since you didnt let me resay it in big, green, font.

"Im sure PSN gaming will remain free, but Sony will include some extra content in the "subscription" based program."

They already have subscriptions in the US (Quore for example). This is simply them thinking of offering more subscription based content.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

The only thing which is important to me is that Online Gaming will stay free. And they said that the subscription will be for additional content.

That would result in:

Free PSN = Xbox Live GOLD membership
Subscription PSN > Xbox Live Gold membership

I can live with that pretty good. It adds even more opportunitys for the people then there are now.

It will remain free.
nobody makes you buy qore or wtf they will add later.,

Garnett said:

@Gamelover

Yes i did read it, did you read what i put?

Since you didnt let me resay it in big, green, font.

"Im sure PSN gaming will remain free, but Sony will include some extra content in the "subscription" based program."

I think what he means is that XBOX live silver is free but it is also useless. It is merely a way of conning the customer into believing that live is relatively free compared to the PSN while still offering none of the significant contents just as demos or online gaming. When comparing Live gold vs PSN, the service is fairly identical except there is more variety in the PSN + Home.

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!