By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game Informer’s top 200 games of all time

WTF at MGS4! Seriously, MGS4 at 108 is bullshit. That game deserves to be in the top 10. There are too many games in the wrong place.

Around the Network
sabby_e17 said:
WTF at MGS4! Seriously, MGS4 at 108 is bullshit. That game deserves to be in the top 10. There are too many games in the wrong place.

It deserves to be in the top 100 worst movies and nowhere near the top XXX of games to be honest.

Tag(thx fkusumot) - "Yet again I completely fail to see your point..."

HD vs Wii, PC vs HD: http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=93374

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
sabby_e17 said:

It deserves to be in the top 100 worst movies and nowhere near the top XXX of games to be honest.

Why do you say that?

Boutros said:
dsister44 said:
Boutros said:
Am I the only one seeing a Naughty Dog hate (maybe not hate but disregard) on that list?

They have two games up there. Jak III shouldn't be anywhere near that list.Half of Rare's catalogue should be up there

But where's Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Uncharted?

They all deserve to be on that list (imo).

Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted and Jak & Daxter series should be there...all of them...even CTR.

wtf ? MGS4 at #108? below GEARS OF WAR!?

@vlad321

MGS4 SHOULD BE in the top 100 best movies and easily in the top 50 of games...and this is coming from a guy that is a movie fan and a gamer.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

iWarMachine said:
Boutros said:
dsister44 said:
Boutros said:
Am I the only one seeing a Naughty Dog hate (maybe not hate but disregard) on that list?

They have two games up there. Jak III shouldn't be anywhere near that list.Half of Rare's catalogue should be up there

But where's Jak and Daxter, Jak II, Crash Bandicoot, Crash Bandicoot 2 and Uncharted?

Crash Bandicoot, Uncharted and Jak & Daxter series should be there...all of them...even CTR.

@vlad321

MGS4 SHOULD BE in the top 100 best movies and easily in the top 50 of games...and this is coming from a guy that is a movie fan and a gamer.

This. Great games like CTR arent on the list, instead Gears of War and Infamous are? Thats messed up.

Around the Network

castlevania sotn is one of my favorite games of all time. One of the few games I beat multiple times and I never get tired of it!!!!!!!!

iWarMachine said:
Boutros said:
dsister44 said:
Boutros said:

@vlad321

MGS4 is a HORRIBLE movies which can be summed up with one word: "NANOBOTS!" and it's not a god game because it had fucking 10 hours of retarded cutscenes. It basicaally forced me to waste 10 hours of my time watching a shit movie. Granted it hd some pretty cool gameplay in between though. Definitely not cool enough to redeem itself of 10 hours worth of shit. To illustarted how wasted my time felt, I can watch all 3 Godfather movies in those 10 hours. That's how cheated I felt like.

I too am a movie fan, and I can tell you that if you liked the MGS4 then you should never call yourself a movie fan. 

Why Regenerating Health is a crap game mechanic: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3986420

gamrReview's broken review scores: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4170835

vlad321 said:
iWarMachine said:
Boutros said:
dsister44 said:
Boutros said:

@vlad321

MGS4 is a HORRIBLE movies which can be summed up with one word: "NANOBOTS!" and it's not a god game because it had fucking 10 hours of retarded cutscenes. It basicaally forced me to waste 10 hours of my time watching a shit movie. Granted it hd some pretty cool gameplay in between though. Definitely not cool enough to redeem itself of 10 hours worth of shit. To illustarted how wasted my time felt, I can watch all 3 Godfather movies in those 10 hours. That's how cheated I felt like.

I too am a movie fan, and I can tell you that if you liked the MGS4 then you should never call yourself a movie fan. 

Have you played previous MGS games? I think you didn't know what the story was all about.

vlad321 said:
iWarMachine said:
Boutros said:
dsister44 said:
Boutros said:

@vlad321

Ok stop saying that MGS4 is "horrible". It's just your opinion and frankly no one cares considering the game was widely acclaimed.

You're a minority and you're not showing an objective view point by saying that MGS4 is "horrible".

Trying adding some "in my opinion" in your posts.

sabby_e17 said:
vlad321 said:
iWarMachine said:
Boutros said:
dsister44 said:
Boutros said:

@vlad321

Have you played previous MGS games? I think you didn't know what the story was all about.

I thought MGS3 was awesome, and it did not waste my time with cutscenes. MGS1 was also amazing and it had even fewer cutscenes like that. MGS2 was good, not perfect. MGS4 had awesome gameplay too bad it was slowed down by too many cutscenes which fall under "shit" when measured as a movie. If Kojima did not want his game to be thought of a quasi-movie, he should have had no more than an hour or so of cutscenes, not 10 times that. Since he did it, I can't help but grade part of this game against movies, in which regards it fails miserably. The game parts f it were, I will admit, quite awesome.