By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you a Good Person?

kazadoom said:

I am not trying to convert anyone, besides only God can save people, not me. This merely was to make people think. We are all going to face death one day, the question is where do you stand. Do with it what you will, you did not have to click the link or follow through with it, that was your choice. If all this is BS like so many people say it is, then why is everyone so bothered by it. Simply move on. The fact that it bothers so many people should tell you there is truth to it. Go ahead and try to deny it, but I bet you will be thinking about it when you lay your head down tonight.

Because your link said 'are you a good person' when really it should have said 'are you a good christian'.

I was interested in a test whether I was a good person, so I clicked the link, then it came up with a page practically saying 'YOUR GOING TO HELL', basically you tricked us going into a website which we didnt want to go and now I'm pissed with you because of it. Its not because 'its true' but because your trying to force your beliefs onto other people who don't share them.

People like you really do piss me off you know, I love a good religious debate but for gods sake, don't try to trick people like this.

-.-

Edit: Also I won't be thinking about it tonight because I already know the ten commandments. They didn't scare me the first time and they didn't scare me this time. 

Around the Network

you know Kaza the ten commandments in this test is severly misinterpretted.

"you shall have no other Gods before me"

where does that say?

"your love for your parents, brothers and sisters, friends and your own life is like hatred compared to your love and devotion to God. Have you ever failed to put him first in your life?"

-------------

Also i remember the bible saying

"It is not good for man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him"

heh I guess women are men's helpers right?

---------------------

I dont really believe in the bible. It is said the Church made the bible from thousands of gospels. they got to chose which ones to put in which are only the convenient ones for the church. even Judas had a Gospel though that didnt reach the bible.

I do believe in God though, but this is too much....

Too each his own i guess.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

NightStalker said:
ugh I am tired of this religious crud. why is it that religious people always seem to look down on atheists because they have nothing to look for, while all i hear from Christians and other religions is that "we are sinners, no one is good, you're going to hell." that doesn't sound like a fun life to live. I don't want to live a life following a book that only seems to put you down and tell you how utterly pathetic and doomed you are.

i don't know if I am good person or not, but I sure as hell won't base it on this test. I'm gonna live my life how I see fit and i don't people like you telling me I need to turn to Jesus or w/e the hell else. Here is a nice quote for btw:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts

No offense to US citizens, but this is not typical for Christian thinking; American churches tend to be fundamentalistic like that.
I wouldn't call myself a religious person at all, but I was baptized and confirmed (protestant), then I went to a roman-catholic high school. Trust me, here in Germany church is NOTHING like that.

I found it absolutely hilarious when that website told me that I'm going to go to hell for thinking that god will forgive our sins... did they even read the new testament? Citing the old testament in a menacing voice is stupid, it's not to be taken literally! 

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
ElRhodeo said:
NightStalker said:
ugh I am tired of this religious crud. why is it that religious people always seem to look down on atheists because they have nothing to look for, while all i hear from Christians and other religions is that "we are sinners, no one is good, you're going to hell." that doesn't sound like a fun life to live. I don't want to live a life following a book that only seems to put you down and tell you how utterly pathetic and doomed you are.

i don't know if I am good person or not, but I sure as hell won't base it on this test. I'm gonna live my life how I see fit and i don't people like you telling me I need to turn to Jesus or w/e the hell else. Here is a nice quote for btw:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts

No offense to US citizens, but this is not typical for Christian thinking; American churches tend to be fundamentalistic like that. 

Yeah when I saw that on television they scared me, it looks like some extreme Muslim mosque's.

Reminds me of this youtube vid:

Pissed catholic mom:

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=P8Aq00yJSxo

Around the Network

John's Ceiling Cat 14:6

6 An Ceiling Cat sayed, im in ur waterz makin a ceiling. An he maded a hole in teh Ceiling.
An Ceiling Cat gotted all teh waterz in ur base, Ceiling Cat hadz dry placez cuz kittehs NOT WANT get wet.
An Ceiling Cat sayed, DO WANT grass! so tehr wuz seedz An stufs, An fruitzors An vegbatels. It happen.
An Ceiling Cat sawed that weedz ish good, so, letz there be weed. (and catnipz 2, so wen i makes kittehs they can getz hai.

kazadoom said:

I am not trying to convert anyone, besides only God can save people, not me. This merely was to make people think. We are all going to face death one day, the question is where do you stand. Do with it what you will, you did not have to click the link or follow through with it, that was your choice. If all this is BS like so many people say it is, then why is everyone so bothered by it. Simply move on. The fact that it bothers so many people should tell you there is truth to it. Go ahead and try to deny it, but I bet you will be thinking about it when you lay your head down tonight.

Here's another path to salvation:

If you drink, you get drunk

If you get drunk, you go to sleep

If you go to sleep, you commit no sin

If you commit no sin, you go to heaven

Let's all get drunk and go to heaven

(And nothing bothers me more than people who accept dogma for what it is: I had a friend who would beat his wife into submission, then claim "the devil made me do it", after which both families would pray to the "dear lord Jesus" to expel the demon inside him. Of course, it never had anything to do with the fact that said ex-friend was nothing more than a sadistic, abusive sonofabitch with some severe social issues, for "the devil made him do it". Needless to say, said ex-friend would only go back and beat the living shit out of his wife again and again, all under the false pretense that "the devil made him do it", and for which the only punishment he would get is another round of ritualistic prayer to expel the "demon within". That blind belief in dogma is, frankly, what keeps me awake when I lay my head down every night thinking to myself, "Jesus, can humankind really be so blind?")

Haha, the cat picture is great.

-and Kazadoom: I am a Christian as well, but going to video game boards to preach about your religion is not a good idea.  Let people believe what they would like to believe.

ElRhodeo said:
NightStalker said:

- Stephen Roberts

I wouldn't call myself a religious person at all, but I was baptized and confirmed (protestant), then I went to a roman-catholic high school. Trust me, here in Germany church is NOTHING like that.

I found it absolutely hilarious when that website told me that I'm going to go to hell for thinking that god will forgive our sins... did they even read the new testament? Citing the old testament in a menacing voice is stupid, it's not to be taken literally!

You're absolutely correct. I'm a bit of a history fan, and it's funny that we already went through this whole "religious revival" movement about 4 times now in the US. In fact, back in the 1930's we went through the exact same crap, that everybody should become fundamentalist, intolerant Christian and deny science instead of actually adhering to the tenets of the religion. And back in the 1930's we decided that it was stupid and science won out. These fundamentalists cry foul and discrimination if they can't get the Bible in public schools, and yet they're the first to discriminate against those who are different from them.

I can't stand watching people take something with such a simple and kind message and converting it into a potential tool for discrimination and even war (this goes for all fundamentalist religions). If you're really a good Christian, would you need to make a test for it to show everyone that you are, or would you already know it for yourself?