By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you a Good Person?

Final-Fan said:
NightStalker said:
ElRhodeo said:
NightStalker said:
ugh I am tired of this religious crud. why is it that religious people always seem to look down on atheists because they have nothing to look for, while all i hear from Christians and other religions is that "we are sinners, no one is good, you're going to hell." that doesn't sound like a fun life to live. I don't want to live a life following a book that only seems to put you down and tell you how utterly pathetic and doomed you are.

i don't know if I am good person or not, but I sure as hell won't base it on this test. I'm gonna live my life how I see fit and i don't people like you telling me I need to turn to Jesus or w/e the hell else. Here is a nice quote for btw:

"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
- Stephen Roberts

No offense to US citizens, but this is not typical for Christian thinking; American churches tend to be fundamentalistic like that.
I wouldn't call myself a religious person at all, but I was baptized and confirmed (protestant), then I went to a roman-catholic high school. Trust me, here in Germany church is NOTHING like that.

I found it absolutely hilarious when that website told me that I'm going to go to hell for thinking that god will forgive our sins... did they even read the new testament? Citing the old testament in a menacing voice is stupid, it's not to be taken literally!

no offense taken. I am glad to hear that it is different in Germany.

To be fair, most religious people in America are not like that either; however, there is a large minority that feels the need to thrust their religion onto other people, and obviously that's the image that everyone sees.

I suppose you're right, but this minority oftens gets on my nerves and I guess it leads me to stereotype out of frustration. I apologize.

Around the Network

I'm Christian Reformed, and this is just too much for me...shoving the threat of hell down people's throats is never going to do any good.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )