By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Apple assemling a 1st party studio

I'm telling you guys.. They will make iPhone games....

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

Watch them make an "Innovative" game about a man who jumps over things to reach the end stage that sells millions.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*

iPhone games suck, why bother. They should make a gaming system next gen so they can get owned by Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft and be put back in their place as an MP3 player company.

Strategyking92 said:
I'm telling you guys.. They will make iPhone games....

Seems very likely.

@ the Iphone games suck comments - surely it's then good that Apple is starting to make some games. They are one of the best software companies ever, even if they are inexperienced at game production. Besides, a lot of iphone games don't suck, I mean, RE4 for example may not look quite as good as even the PS2 version, but for a portable game it is very good. How about GTA:CW, The Sims 3, Civilization Revolution, MGS:Touch, Megaman, the majority of EA sports games, Need for Speed, a whole bunch of tower defence games, sim city (aplogies for list wars, but the Iphone is getting some serious 3rd party support)

Apple...hm. They may actually be able to compete with Sony.

In high priced consoles.

Around the Network
Solid_Snake4RD said:
nah,i think the Nintendo and Sony have handheld market in their control

I think you mean Nintendo only.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me if there were more Idevice units that can play those Iphone games then PSP's next year.

All Apple needs now are quality games and it'll basically push Sony out of the portable games market and into the portable multimedia that plays video games market.

Apple in gaming is more of a threat to Sony than Nintendo, As Nintendo has Nintendo games, Pokemon, Nintendogs, super Mario, you want that, you'll get Nintendo, Sony PSP and Iphone, however overlap in a lot of areas, and the PSP doesn't have the software to really set itself as a must have system.

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Apple in gaming is more of a threat to Sony than Nintendo, As Nintendo has Nintendo games, Pokemon, Nintendogs, super Mario, you want that, you'll get Nintendo, Sony PSP and Iphone, however overlap in a lot of areas, and the PSP doesn't have the software to really set itself as a must have system.

You're right. Sony totally doesn't have any first party offerings like Nintendo that can't be found on other systems...

tedsteriscool said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:

You're right. Sony totally doesn't have any first party offerings like Nintendo that can't be found on other systems...

Not ones that are as demanded, highest selling Sony published game on PSP, Daxter at about 2.33 Million and the next one is GOW chains of Olympus at 1.87 million, On DS Nintendo has published 7 games that sold over 10 million

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Iphone games and/or 3rd party dev for other systems.