By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGCharts - You've been "ripped"

http://www.wiiloaded.com/wii-news-Nintendo-sells-6-million-Wiis-ahead-of-schedule-a-7704 Do websites ever ask permission? Or do they just copy whatever they want? I mean it's great publicity for the website and all, so thats cool.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

Well get over there and ask for a donation to the site gebx!

Good to see this site is still going 

Lots of sites do this esspecially N4G.com

fgsduilfgasuklwgefidslzfgb4yiogwefhawi4fbielat5gy240bh3e

That really is some great publicity. This site really is on its way to becoming an essential site for game information.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

here's another http://play.tm/story/9925

Around the Network

Um, isn't VGCharts ripping news from other pages all the time?

Hardcore gaming is a bubble economy blown up by Microsoft's $7 $6 billion losses.

reverie said: Um, isn't VGCharts ripping news from other pages all the time?
Check the link, I used "ripped" because thats what the story said. "According to the above image ripped from the popular sales tracking site, VGCharts.org"

Here is another website which has taken a shine to this site. BIG LINK! It appears this site is gaining the publicity and respect for its work.

Good to see this site is still going 

roadkillers said: Lots of sites do this esspecially N4G.com
Wow that's a really cool site thanks for the posting it, I just added that to my bookmarks. I like it... Here's a blog site I like- http://www.ps3nut.com YOu know what I find funny is this whole thread, because at the end of the day it's stupid to say oh who is ripping who or who did something like this site. Because the internet is huge, and The last thing any site owner or site designer should worry about is if someone uses some style or Layout that you use. That's actually the best thing, the more someone uses something from you or quotes your site the more hits you get, and the more people come to the site. I don't know why People don't get this; in the internet the best thing you can do is help other sites or people who want to do use a pic you have or add a feature your site has. Because at the end of the day it’s more hits, the best thing ever is to have another site that might get big or is big talk about your site. Why? MORE HITS. It's the reason Youtube lets you embed the videos into forums, they want you to post their stuff up they want you to talk about it and help grow the site. This does nothing but help you. So many sites use the look of Digg.com or forums you might use in their site, or bite off the video style and look of Youtube. I mean really come on’ look at the bigger picture, if the idea is to become a huge site with huge visitors, then why in the world are you worried about what other sites do, if someone comes to me and says hey I like the way you made your forum can I use that on my site, I say sure, can you put a link back to my site. They say sure. Guess what- More hits!!! Better then I say No, and they go and add it anyway and now guess what no links back to my site no free extra hits. It’s not like I invented the forum, many sites use forums. Or Layouts or word press plug-ins. I mean really if you didn’t invent it why in world are you acting like you did. The internet is big enough for everybody. I have a friend with a forum site that gets 4 million hits. When I post something on his forums the site that I posted usually get’s like 150,000 to 250,000 hits. That’s great advertising. He’s making so much money from the ad’s he doesn’t even work anymore. So I say don’t be stupid, more hits is More Hits…!!! Period. A great site is still a great site at the end. And the More Hits the better the site will be.

ioi said: Post some links to us on your friends forum then
....LOL sure, just as soon as I finish my site and post it up.