By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Insomniac Games Responds to Ratchet milking criticisms

The Mario franchise is the one that's milked to death, not racthet & clank....having said that, as long as people want these games and they sell well, then why not milk them?

The only thing that annoys me at the moment about Insomniac is the lack of a trophy patch for R&C:TOD and R&C:Quest for booty.

/RANT

I don't understand why sony can't simply slap R&C:TOD and R&C:Quest for booty onto a single blu-ray, add trophies and sell it at $40US or something....hell they should of done it before R&C:a crack in time was released....seems like they dropped the ball.

Yeah I know I should buy it because it's good and all that, but I bought my PS3 when trophies were already implemented, and to be a game that doesn't have trophies or doesn't get a patch is simply a game lacking content, for this reason I have refused to buy R&C:TOD and MGS4.

Now I was hoping that eventually R&C:TOD would get a patch and MGS4 would get it's subsistence/substance type game which previous versions have had, but both companies have disappointed me and as such I will not be buying anything of there games.

/RANT

Around the Network
Destroyer_of_knights said:
The Mario franchise is the one that's milked to death, not racthet & clank....

Sure, 9 R&C games vs 4 Mario games in last 7 years.

mai said:
The Mario franchise is the one that's milked to death, not racthet & clank....

Sure, 9 R&C games vs 4 Mario games in last 7 years.

I said franchise which means all the games, not just some games with in a range which you chose to further your own agenda, but hey you wanna play the Nintendo fanboy defence then go right ahead, your just denying the truth like the blind sheep you are.

Also, I don't know why you took that quote out of context since I follow it up with "having said that, as long as people want these games and they sell well, then why not milk them?" in other words it's ok to milk it if it satisfies both the developer and the gamer because it's a win win situation for both parties.

I said franchise which means all the games, not just some games with in a range which you chose to further your own agenda, but hey you wanna play the Nintendo fanboy defence then go right ahead, your just denying the truth like the blind sheep you are.

I'm overly sensitive to such rudeness. Please, be careful with the choice of words next time.

mai said:

I'm overly sensitive to such rudeness. Please, be careful with the choice of words next time.

I choose the words with most impact to get my message across, you don't like it, then tough luck!

As with anything online, you have the CHOICE not to read it, nor reply to it...so reading what I wrote and replying to is a voluntary move which you have accepted to do out of your own free will, any offence you take is there for your own fault and responsibility, just remember you have the choice to not read nor reply to anything I've said, it's really all in your hands.

Take that as you will.

Around the Network

No way that Ratchet is milked. Every game is original.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Since we're discussing other games. I would say the Call of Duty series is really being milked. Because we're just about guaranteed at least one yearly.

Mario used to be milked to death, since there are about 200 Mario games, however, Nintendo stopped milking the franchise.
Ratchet isn't "milked" either, there is now a Ratchet title every two years, I don't ocnsider that milking.
However, I would still like them to have bigger changes between each game.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

R&C is not milked!! the games they make are still so much fun and enjoyable, there has only been 7 made, and that is not 1 per year, now if you was to say anything was milked then that is mario, but since ps3 exclusives are a target for hate then they will hate R&C, but that will not stop it from selling or coming out, besides this is the last one so give it a break and enjoy the game.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Lol, I don't care how many Ratchet games they make as long as the quality stands... and it does.

Keep it up, Insomniac.