By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie wants Little Big Planet, Halo, Bioshock on Wii

Becuase people said PS2 was a casual machine and the Eye Toy only sold 4 million.

LittleBigPlanet is a CASUAL game releasing for a HARDCORE machine. That is like putting *insert shooter here* on *insert machine here*

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Well technically Nintendo didn't have billions of dollars until after the success of the DS and Wii. I think new Ips and successful franchises are in the works that we could only dream about. PS Project Hammer probably blew chunks that's why it got scrapped, perhaps they should have done the same thing with battle revolution?)

dtewi said:
Becuase people said PS2 was a casual machine and the Eye Toy only sold 4 million.

LittleBigPlanet is a CASUAL game releasing for a HARDCORE machine. That is like putting *insert shooter here* on *insert machine here*

Thanks for the answer, you help me realize the big problem in all of this.

"Casual"

LBp is not casual, its not hardcore, its both.  Thinking casual does not belong on PS3 is foolish, and procaliming games as casual or hardcore is pointless.  Grand Theft Auto can be very casual while its a beloved title by the hardcore gamers so which is it well its both.

@Enos

My comment was totally to the point of your Nintendo bashing. I could give a care less about LBP or your question concerning it. If I wanted to answer that question I woud have.

Wouldn't it have been nice if you hadn't made those stupid fanboi coments, maybe then you wouldn't be hudled in a corner defending EDIT: your coments that were unrelated to your point, all while trying to get your question answered.

Mince words, you might get more accomplished.

Soriku said:

Because Sony was looking for casuals during the PS1 and PS2 era--expanding the market further which further led to their success for two generations and making it easy, cheap, and allow more content for developing games using the CD-ROM discs for the PS1. And with PS2 they followed their plan plus added a DVD player when demand was HIGH. They've completely abandoned their plan with the PS3 and said the hardcore path is the way to go. They've made an HD console when HD demand isn't high. This will lead to Sony's downfall and Nintendo's reign once again like in the NES and SNES era.

k.

I see how Singstar and Buzz are proof of sony abandoning the casual market, all their casual title on PSn are really proving you right.

Around the Network
EnosStory said:
How about a intelligent rebuttal and not stupid fanboy attacks ?

Why wouldnt LBP belong on the platform its on ? especially with PS3 being the most open online console that being a huge part of LBP.

So you people think GC or N64 had as diverse line up of commercially successful games as PS2 or PS1 ?

For the most part, the PS2's diversity came from its enormous install base -- it still had a "core" of games that clearly made up the Sony-esque library.

For example, Adventure games. The PS2 did have a few great adventure games; Okami is the obvious example. And guess what? That sold miserably. In fact, I can't think of a single adventure game in the PS library that has sold very well.

Similarly, platformers. Ratchet is kind of a platformer, and even then it only sells at about 1/3 the speed of Mario despite the fact that it was on a systm with 5x the userbase last generation. Saying Ratchet is a strong platforming presence (at 1/5th the sales) is like saying Nintendo has a strong sports presence (PS3 Madden outsold Wii madden 2-1, for example).

So again, I really wouldn't argue that the PS library hasn't been the most diverse in the last decade -- it has. I just would argue that this is because its been the market leader, and that despite this position some types of games have sold particularly well or particularly poorly, given the install base.

The types of games that have sold particularly well on the PS are, in my experience, RPGs, action games, racing games, shooters (especially third person) and sports.

Nintendo platforms are strong with platformers, adventure games, puzzle games, and now mini games.

The Xbox has been strong with shooters (especially first person), sports, and perhaps racing games. 

These are just general trends: there are exceptions, of course. 

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Sony has not left the casual... Who said that?

edit: I guess I have to enter the argument, all of you SHUT UP, your pathetic fanboy fight will get this thread locked. Now be quiet and stay on topic. Enos you too.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Is this thread a new record for "off-topic" speed? 1 post?

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

rasone77 said:
@Enos

My comment was totally to the point of your Nintendo bashing. I could give a care less about LBP or your question concerning it. If I wanted to answer that question I woud have.

Wouldn't it have been nice if you hadn't made those stupid fanboi coments, maybe then you wouldn't be hudled in a corner defending yourself, all while trying to get your question answered.

Mince words, you might get more accomplished.

I posted no nintendo bashing or any stupid fanboy commnets, i just posted the truth and it upseat a bunch of nintendo fanboys.

My point was PS platform always had games that sold well from all generes from casual types to very nich or hardcore, nintendo consoles have not and that just the truth of things.

There is not golden genre on a PS platform, there is no ohh only FPS or somehtignlike that. All games have traditionally done well on a PS platform, regardless of what genre they are or what audience they are aiming for. 

Thinking PS3 in not the right platform for LBP is said out of ingnorance or jealousy, i doubt Reggie got where he is by being dumb.

If it doesn't break at least a 7.5% attach ratio it doesn't sell good.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you