By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie wants Little Big Planet, Halo, Bioshock on Wii

EnosStory said:
LBp does not belong on their platform wtf, what games have ever not belonged on PS hardware. PS consoles have always had a diverse line up of successful games, unlike nintendo.

EnosStory said:
I posted no nintendo bashing or any stupid fanboy commnets, i just posted the truth and it upseat a bunch of nintendo fanboys.

LOL.  You took a cheap shot at Nintendo that was even less true than Reggie's cheap shot at the PS3, don't try to deny it.  The best part is that Soriku wouldn't have even had a comeback if you only could have resisted the "bash Ninty" reflex. 

@ Bodesatva:  great posts. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network

Thanks for clearing that up Lord N. I guess I always considered Jak more adventure than platforming, but I can see how it could be classified as a platformer. Thinking about it now it's more of a platformer than Ratchet is (at least after the first game).

I think any system can have any game or kind of game, and I respect Sony for opening those doors, but lets face the facts Reggie is looking at commercial viability here, and he's basically saying Sony's game despite how brilliant it may be won't be nearly as successful as it could be on something like the Wii. Alot of Sony fans are not interested in it.(Please don't reply back with a, "I am!" the truth is most aren't) Yet it's the one game most Nintendo fans are jealous of. Much like Viva Pinita I respect Microsoft trying to expand their market trying to create that demand by opening up genres yet, at that point the game really didn't fit comfortably on that system and that was demonstrated by the poor sales. Loco Roco sold poorly as well. And I'm placing my bets now, LBP will also sell poorly, particularly compared to stuff like Killzone 2.

Yet even if he is right, and it does sell poorly due to being released on the ps3, then sony was still right. making this exclusive is a win/win for Sony, they either have a successful title or stopped Nintendo from having one.

fooflexible said:
I think any system can have any game or kind of game, and I respect Sony for opening those doors, but lets face the facts Reggie is looking at commercial viability here, and he's basically saying Sony's game despite how brilliant it may be won't be nearly as successful as it could be on something like the Wii. Alot of Sony fans are not interested in it.(Please don't reply back with a, "I am!" the truth is most aren't) Yet it's the one game most Nintendo fans are jealous of. Much like Viva Pinita I respect Microsoft trying to expand their market trying to create that demand by opening up genres yet, at that point the game really didn't fit comfortably on that system and that was demonstrated by the poor sales. Loco Roco sold poorly as well. And I'm placing my bets now, LBP will also sell poorly, particularly compared to stuff like Killzone 2.

Yet even if he is right, and it does sell poorly due to being released on the ps3, then sony was still right. making this exclusive is a win/win for Sony, they either have a successful title or stopped Nintendo from having one.

WTF, LBP is one of the most hyped games on the official PS forums or PSU.

Sorry, wrong post...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Around the Network
EnosStory said:
fooflexible said:

I think they're not hyping because they want to play, I think they want it to succeed and destroy the Wii. They don't care about it, they just want Wii to fail.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

EnosStory said:
fooflexible said:

I agree with Enos on this one.

Ever went to a PS3 section of a forum?  A lot of people are talking about it (maybe not at the moment) but they were for sure.

38 threads about LBP:

http://forums.gametrailers.com/search.php?searchid=3650614

You can't deny that their are not so many people interested in it (and yes that is the PS3 sectiion).

Shipped not sold Rol.

We've had this discussion 4,132,669,155,485,286,104.27482 times.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

I'm glad Reggie said they wanted the games. That's a remarkably humble thing to say: they do some stuff better than us and we'd love to have that on our platform. Even when Microsoft was at their best, PR-wise, they would just say things like, "there's nothing on their platform that we couldn't live without." Which is bs, of course.

Nintendo obviously has the best first party lineup and Microsoft has the best third party support thus far. However, Nintendo's third party support is very improved this generation so far, and if sales of the Wii continue there will be a slew of top quality third party games on the system.

The fact that Reggie recognizes Nintendo has improvement to make in terms of its library suggests that Nintendo will pursue that improvement.  This is a very good sign.

World > Software is sell-through Rol... it has always been.