By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie disappointed that games like COD MW2, Assassin’s Creed arent on wii

trestres said:
3rd parties treat the Wii just like Nintendo treats the USA.

They shouldn't be complaining about the lack of certain games on their platforms when not even themselves localize their own games.

While its true that Nintendo hasn't localized all their games to the US, its also true that they don't exactly have reason to.  Not every game they bring over is a hit.  Stuff like Earthbound, Pikmin and even some Fire Emblem games didn't even sell that great even with lots of marketing.  What's to say something like Fatal Frame, Captain Rainbow or Goshin the Giant would?

Also, not every game Nintendo licences is even first party.  Fatal Frame could have been published outside of Japan by Tecmo themselves or even another company like XSEED, Marvelous Entertainment or Atlus.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

Around the Network

i still want fatal frame IV nintendo!

@kenryoku: And who says 3rd parties have a reason to put their games on the Wii then? They don't need to, their games sell greatly on the other consoles, plus the Wii is more like a wildcard. Stop justifying Nintendo. They can't complain over things they do themselves.

@ph4ant: Why do they have to be AAA multimillion dollar projects? Who set that bar? You?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Shouldn't have skimped on the Wii hardware specs then, Reggie... 2 GameCubes duct-taped together can only handle so much.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Yea, he has to say that, but we all know the Wii should have been juiced up if that was going to happen. That was not what happened, and now the Wii don't get games like that, because they aren't as easy to port and the result is always ugly.

Around the Network
ph4nt said:
trestres said:
3rd parties treat the Wii just like Nintendo treats the USA.

They shouldn't be complaining about the lack of certain games on their platforms when not even themselves localize their own games.

Name one major AAA title that wasn't localized (or is being localized) by Nintendo.

And it can't be a niche game designed for Japanese audiences (Captain Rainbow).

day of crisis /post.

Hahaha, Day of Crysis AAA? Please, play games before you talk about them. Anyone who has played Day of Crisi, knows that it's no AAA game.

Which is probably why Nintendo was so iffy about it.

Well the wii is infamous for nintendo games alone, theres no need for 3rd party, atleast from what the hardcore ninty fans at gamespot tell me.

And I think Sony is also dissapointed MH3 or a mario game arent on their consoles, I dont see the point of him saying it.

N.Genckel said:
Hahaha, Day of Crysis AAA? Please, play games before you talk about them. Anyone who has played Day of Crisi, knows that it's no AAA game.

Which is probably why Nintendo was so iffy about it.

but gamer don't play solely AAA games.  I've enjoyed some pretty average games more than some great games simply because of preferences and quirkiness of the title.  What if we only got AAA jRPG's?  Arguably we wouldn't have one yet.