By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MW 2. Is It Just Me.........

The campaign is shit and the multiplayer is better than MW. The maps feel a lot bigger and I like how you can choose what you want for killstreaks.

But I care more about SP and they did a horrible job.

Around the Network

Yeah, its just you. MW2 is awesome. It doesn't have the same originality as Cod4 but its still great.

dude i agree with everything
the dam game is unrealistic, it doesnt feel like a true fps

I agree, SP is not what it used to be.

I think Modern Warfare 2 lacks the always in your face action that MW1 had. You never quite know what you'll see next (sniper mission, AC130 mission, storming a nuclear missle base), which is not really the case for Modern Warfare 2 (it's basically same mission, different paintjob). Also I think the lack of closure in this game hurts the story (sort of like a end of Halo 2, level of hurt).

I'm enjoying MP right now, but I hate how big certain maps are, it's not really necessary and sort of hurts the experience (I loved MP in the first game because of how close and tight the action was). That was my gripe about W@W (maps too big and there's too few vehicles to allow for quicker travel).

reask said:
kitler53 said:

"...and that is pretty good but overall I expected more"  "I just expected more..."

i haven't played MW2 or any other COD for that matter but i'm going to say your problem is hype.  MW2 got a ton of it and it's hard to live up to impossible expectations.  next time i suggest you pick out a shitty game, you're bound to be pleasantly surprised at how good it is.

No trust me on this I dont buy into hype on any game.

I tend to read reviews and then get players thoughts on it.

As for buying a shitty game and liking it.

You lost me there tbh.

He just means that when you have no/low expectations from a game there's a better chance you'll like it....or love it

Around the Network
omgsamsungcode said:
dude i agree with everything
the dam game is unrealistic, it doesnt feel like a true fps

Can I just ask what you think of as a True FPS? Because games like Halo and Killzone are far more unrealistic than MW2.

I was also a bit disappointed at first...but once you cross the halfway point, it's all uphill from there...the game grabs you by the balls and doesn't let go!

I'm not going to waste my time trying to convince you to play MW2. If you want to miss out on the most popular online game then be my guest. Have fun playing JRPG's or whatever it is you like.

This sort of shit bothers me a lot. I have a retarded friend who refuses to play Uncharted 2 so after a while of trying to convince him to play it I gave up. If people want to miss out on good games then I don't give a fuck anymore.

I couldn't agree more. Also, the story is terrible.

*Spoiler alert?*

I thought the campaign is a little annoying. It's just like lets throw a million soldiers at them to make it hard. But it just makes it feel stupid. The snow level was pretty cool. I like it because it builds up the atmosphere of the game climbing the snow and such rather than "here's 500 enemies shooting at you move forward!" The No Russian level was a cool concept but done so poorly that it shouldn't be allowed. If they were creative about it and actually made you give a shit about the pedestrians it would have been better. The more they killed the less I cared. I liked the twist at the end of that mission though. Surprised me a little. Still think it was dumb.

Should have had you secretly trying to help the civilians escape or something then just before the terrorists start catch on to you it forces you to have to kill a few remaining civilians to show your loyalty. Then to have them shoot you in the end would have just made it that much more emotional as you killed those last civilans for nothing they were already on to you. They should have had the civilians talking to you so you can somewhat relate to them as you are trying to help them. That would have been crazy. A mother asking you to help find her daughter or something. You find the daughter and help her escape then the terrorists start to catch on to you and they put you in a situation where you end up having to kill the mom with no hesitation. That would be some shit. Not 500 faceless civilians being mowed down. It means nothing.