Developer : Platinum Games

Publisher : SEGA

Genre : Hack'n Slash / Action

Release Dates:

JP: October 29, 2009

NA: January 5, 2010

EU: January 8, 2010

Summary

Bayonetta is a stylish and cinematic action game, directed by Hideki Kamiya.

A witch with powers beyond the comprehension of mere mortals, Bayonetta faces-off against countless angelic enemies, many reaching epic proportions, in a game of 100% pure, unadulterated all-out action. Outlandish finishing moves are performed with balletic grace as Bayonetta flows from one fight to another. With magnificent over-the-top action taking place in stages that are a veritable theme park of exciting attractions, Bayonetta pushes the limits of the action genre, bringing to life its fast-paced, dynamic climax combat.

Features

• Groundbreaking Gameplay — Bayonetta, the game, is all about action. From the controls to the finishing moves, Bayonetta is positioned to be about pure action gameplay
  • Hair: Her hair serves as the basis of her costume and also her attacks and powers. These manifest in different ways: Wicked Weave attacks, Torture Attacks, and Climax Attacks
  • Upgradeable weapons -In addition to her four enchanted guns called Scarborough Fair, she can unlock an array of weapons from shotguns, bazookas and fiery claws
  • Enemy weapons - Bayonetta can also battle with a variety of other weapons retrieved from fallen enemies
  • Beast Within - Bayonetta calls upon primal forces, transforming into various beasts (Panthers, etc.) according to the situation
  • Plot
  • Bayonetta takes place in Vigrid, a fictional city in Europe.The titular character is a witch who shapeshifts and uses various firearms, along with magical attacks she performs with her own hair, to dispatch her foes. She possesses four handguns—two hand-held, and one attached to each heel—and has also been pictured with shotguns, rocket launchers, a glowing whip with a cobra's head at the tip of it, and a two-handed katana. Bayonetta faces angelic and warrior-like enemies that confront and challenge her for reasons she is unaware. She awoke after a 500 year sleep and found herself in an unfamiliar area with no memories of who or what she is. Over time, she begins to remember what caused the predicament she found herself in.

A male character known as Luka had met Bayonetta as a child, and is now a "possible love interest" for her even though they "exist in different dimensions" and cannot touch.Other characters include Bayonetta's rival Jeanne, who also wields four guns; the three men Rodin, Enzo, and Balder; and the young girl Cereza.

Screenshots

Boxart

Japan

EU/NA 

Trailers

BAYONETTA ON IGN

BAYONETTA ON GAMESPOT

BAYONETTA ON GAMETRAILERS

BAYONETTA ON EUROGAMER 

THANKS MACHINA FOR THE PERMISSION !

Around the Network

Characters

Bayonetta

Favorite Quote: “I’m sorry, I forgot to mention one of the reasons I hunt your kind. You’re much too ugly not to put out of your misery.”

Jeanne

Favorite Quote: “What’s the matter, sweetie? Afraid of something, are you?”

Rodin

Favorite Quote: “Your fights are yours alone. I’m only here to watch my handiwork in action.”

Enzo

Favorite Quote: “At least let me get a drink at Rodin’s before you start drilling me.”

Luka

Favorite Quote: “I’m not your pet. The name is Luka. A name you better remember!”

Cereza

Favorite Quote: “Mummy is a witch, and witches protect people and are very strong.”

Monsters

Temperantia

Ardor

Inspired

Lustitia

Affinity

Beloved

Fortitudo

Fairness

Fearless

Grace & Glory

Harmony

Reviews

FAMITSU - 40/40 (X360) , 38/40 (PS3)

METACRITIC (XBOX360) - 93 (After 22 reviews, click "M" logo to view all reviews)

METACRITIC (PS3) - 91 (After 13 reviews, click "M" logo to view all reviews)

Gameplay Videos

ACHIEVEMENTS 

TROPHIES | 1 Platinum, 2 Gold, 10 Silver, 38 Bronze

1. There's no need to bump your thread, especially after only 15 minutes
  2. If you're going to rip all your pictures straight from IGN you might as well just link to their gallery rather than make a ginormous first post.

Around the Network

I have no interest in a gimped port, thank you very much.

I also don't like Hack and Slash in general, only God of War. I can't stand Ninja Gaiden and I'm no huge Devil May Cry fan. So I'll pass.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

^^
her (_|_) alone is reason enough to buy.

I hope itll be at least as fun as DMC series. I saw some vids and the story seems interesting enough. I like the Japanese boxart better for some reason.

One of the few singleplayer-only games I'm looking forward. It has a fresh maincharacter and enemy design and it seems to be on a difficult-level with NinjaGaiden-very nice! And I hope, the gameplay is more like Ninja Gaiden the DMC. DMC is sooo gay. The combos in DMC are shit compared to NG.

"In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation. There is no safe store of value..."

Alan Greenspan, 1967

Machina said:

The screenshots in our database would be better, they don't have ugly watermarks on them ^^

I'm going to sleep now. I'll do it tomorow