By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Sales (8 Nov - 14 Nov)

so afer adding all of europe, surely the ps3 version sold more?

Around the Network

looks like alot of 360 owners this week bought alot of other games alongside modern warfare 2, where as ps3 ownes dont give a shit about anything else! which is understandable, as its had alot of big games releases recently.

did the ps3 version really sell 700k in the UK? cause thats isane, was expecting 360 version to hammer the ps3 version, if you add the oficial france numbers, the ps3 version is already nearly ahead without the rest of europe! so the ps3 version definatly above the 360 in "others". could even be ahead by a few 100k's!

ioi said:
360 version is just ahead over the whole of Others.

how? the only place it likely sold more was in UK?and the not even by much, what about spain, germany, netherlands  etc.. must have had the ps3 version way ahead! dont get it

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

In Europe yes, the PS3 will sell a little more... but in America the Xbox 360 will sell a lot of more.

Europe + America = 360 WIN by a large margin (1.5kk at minimum).

ethomaz said:
SOLIDSNAKE08 said:

In Europe yes, the PS3 will sell a little more... but in America the Xbox 360 will sell a lot of more.

Europe + America = 360 WIN by a large margin (1.5kk at minimum).

i know overall the 360 version is gonna win by a mile with america, but ioi said even in europe the ps3 version didnt sell more which is odd but then again he knows more than we do.

Around the Network

Between UK & France it sold 1.150k for 360, and 1.000k for ps3. Other big markets like Spain, Italy, and Germany where PS3 version likely had advangte of 2-1. So at the end PS3 version maybe a little head but not by much.

SOLIDSNAKE08 said:
i know overall the 360 version is gonna win by a mile with america, but ioi said even in europe the ps3 version didnt sell more which is odd but then again he knows more than we do.

Only now I read the ioi comment... so it will be close in Europe.

ioi said in all of Others, which includes Auss. Aussies are probably favouring the 360 version.

Currently playing on PS3: God of War III

Currently playing on Xbox360: Final Fantasy XIII

Currently playing on NDS: Chrono Trigger

dolemit3 said:
ioi said in all of Others, which includes Auss. Aussies are probably favouring the 360 version.

yea but by how much? if the uk gap is only 300k, it should be easy for ps3 to close that gap with the rest of europe on its side! in nearly every country it is said the ps3 version outsold the 360 2 to 1, it sold 300k in france ALONE!

ioi said:
Some regions favour 360 some PS3. Spain, Italy are heavy PS3 markets, Scandinavia and Australia lean more to 360. Overall it tends to even out...

I think this is probably the situation for every new multiplat game and for the hardware as well.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...