By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Channels Nintendo Needs to Make:

If you read the previous article featuring nintendos latest and lamest wii channel, then you know thier not taking the average gamer seriously.  So i make a list:

Thanks to my friend SS4UltimateVegeta at friendcodes.com for the help.

Wii Communicate
-Basically it's a chatroom with everyone of your Wii Friends
-There could be rooms where you might find new Wii Friends
-You can also chat with Nintendo staff

Wiikly Tournaments
-This channel will allow you to see if there are tournaments for Wi-Fi Connection enabled games.
-You can enter 3 tournaments at a time, but you have to pay close attention to where you stand in the tally or else you wouldn't know if the tournament is over.
-Can be also supported by third parties.

Wii Support Channel
-This channel will help you with your Wii issues such as hardware, disc, channel, etc.
-This channel can also help you with the DS.

Wii News Channel (update)
-Give information on console and format wars.
-Gives you information about new games, reviews, previews, cheats, accessories, and channel info.
-Will also give you DS info if you like.

DS Channel
-This can keep you up-to-date with your current status in all of the Nintendo Wi-Fi games
-It can also confirm the identity of your DS for future game titles for the Wii which will feature DS connectivity to the Wii.
-It adds the feature to the Wii Communicate channel that lets you communicate with the DS through the Wii as an access point.

Worldwide Users Channel
-Search the world for friends and other Wii users.
-Invite somebody to be your friend using this channel.
-You can choose whether you can be part of the search of your area if somebody searches your area.
-Parental controls can be set to block this channel.

Statistics Channel
-You can view friend's stats from online games
-You can browse other user's stats as well, if they do not have their privacy flag up
-Third party compatible
-Always updating as long as WiiConnect24 is on.

Wii Shop Channel (update)
-Buy Wii games, accessories, and nintendo merchandise.
-Uses a Wii Points card or credit card
-Updated every week

Demo Channel
-Wii can download demos and keep them for a week at the most
-You can download DS demos
-Updates demos each week
-Hopefully we can receive VC demos as well

Mii Shop Channel (update)
- Buy Mii Parts
- Hair Styles
- More Eyebrows
- More Eyes
- More Noses
- Ears
- More colors for skin and hair
- More Accessories (Headbands, Purses, Backpacks, Wigs, etc.)

Ok im out of ideas. What bout you guys?

Around the Network

I think the turny and the stat channels would both be great ideas. but you could combine the stat channel with the world user channel then it would be dubble the plesure dubble the fun.

"All three consoles have been out for some time now. So its time to stop using the term "next gen" this is current gen people."-me-

MCL

silenteion said:
I think the turny and the stat channels would both be great ideas. but you could combine the stat channel with the world user channel then it would be dubble the plesure dubble the fun.

nice, i didnt see that posibility but uh

is there something on your mind you want to talk about? :3

the only problem is that these are good ideas for channels, so they probably won't happen...

A pron channel j/k basically from what I've seen most people want a demo channel the most right at this moment.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network
flamevizier_34 said:

Demo Channel
-Wii can download demos and keep them for a week at the most
-You can download DS demos
-Updates demos each week
-Hopefully we can receive VC demos as well

Bold part has been confirmed!!!! ^_^

Any more channels and I don't think I'll ever use my Wii for playing games again >_

natedog4000 said:
the only problem is that these are good ideas for channels, so they probably won't happen...

lol qoute of the month right there.

As for a pron channel, isnt that called the internet channel? XD 

Well whatever they do, it needs to be more than they have right now.  I just recently got my Wii and I'm not sure why people even care about the current channels.  Oh, and prices really suck for SNES games.  Wow.