By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - COD: Modern Warfare: Reflex on Metacritic

Just added a positive review from Nintendojo, whoever they are.

Around the Network

NGamer UK review has been added and it wasn't that great. They gave this game a 68 :(. Of course I've never even heard of them so it shouldn't matter too much.

On a positive note, the sales for this game are doing well despite it being a 2 year old port with practically no advertisement. Let's just hope that this game continues to have some legs.

so weird that 1up has the highest review for the game on meta

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

It's such a terrible metacritic score for such an addictive game. I'm not sure about the crazy discrepancy between what some have said in reviews and my personal experience. There must be nearly 100,000 online accounts now. I think there were 98,000 this morning. The game appears to be tracking almost exactly the same as WaW, which is good. Hopefully it will sell more than it. Come on people, buy this excellent port.

Yes.

www.spacemag.org - contribute your stuff... satire, comics, ideas, debate, stupidy stupid etc.

Looking at the snippet reviews and watching the comparison, here are my thoughts.

The Wii does not have the graphical firepower of the HD systems. But other than the rope (in the first comparison scene), everything is at least acceptably done. The really big difference is that the Wii cannot handle the lighting effects. But it does not look that bad.

Two of the four lowest review scores at the time that I write this complain about the control scheme. That is not the issue that it is being made to be -- if you can point at the screen.

The lowest tier of scores come from publications/places with reputations for being dismissive toward the Wii -- at least on some occasion. Thus, they have to be taken with some trepidation.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

This  game rock! Best Army game out right now!!!!! The only thing that makes this game sucks is no voice chat. Playing online with a team is basically pointless in my option since you can't talk to your team to set up a stradigy. Other then that this game rock!!!

I will definatley pick this game up as soon as I can. Hopefully the wife will get this for me for Christmas.

Albion - Its Fun as Ballz !!!!!

im_sneaky said:
ph4nt said:
The game is exactly the same as the HD version, which rated in the mid 90s. I can see docking 7-8 tenths for being a late port, but the rest of it comes from bias against the wii and graphics whores.

No it isn't the graphics are worse, the multiplayer is worse, the controls are worse. Graphics and controls? Im sure lots of people are cool with the controls and the graphics are decent for a wii game. What mattered most was the multiplayer. It sucks, compared to the old one. So no, it isnt the same.

I'd say the controls are better, but that's just IMO.

One thing I find interesting, however, is your comment on the multiplayer.  The PC version of Modern Warfare had far superior multiplayer over the PS360.  Dedicated servers, more players, additional maps/mods... and the PS360 scores didn't suffer a bit.

I just added 4 new reviews and with them the average score went up from 76 to 77.

90 - N-Europe
88 - Wii Brasil
80 - InsiderGamer.nl
78 - Gamers' Temple

good idea to have it ported to the wii