By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - YEAH! Got a PS3 last saturday...

Soriku said:
zackblue said:
I think the psp should have been released nex gen, Its more powerful than the playstation 2, and its slim as hek. I think the psp is TRUE nex gen.

The PSP is (about) the same strength as the PS2...

No, psp has more ram than the ps2, and it has a faster processor, the only thing limiting it is disc space. It only has 1.8gb to work with.

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Around the Network

enjoy it. don't forget uncharted next month.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

no system is next gen

all three (Wii, 360, PS3) are current gen

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

omgwtfbbq said:
no system is next gen

all three (Wii, 360, PS3) are current gen

Best post in thread. You get a cookie.

Wii is the only true next gen, the others just give you the same game with shinier graphics

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Around the Network
cowbourne said:

darendt said:
To me " Next Gen" means cutting edge, and something that is new. The Wii is closer to next gen than the 360 as it does have a very different control scheme which separates it from all the console. The GFX are weak, but I guess you dont need HD graphics for Mario. The 360 isnt next gen by any standard. Multi core systems have been done before, the controller is the same, and its still just a PC in a box. The PS3 however has a new format, a very different CPU, and architecture that has never been done before. A lot of people bash the Sixaxis, but it really is a very good feature. Everyone makes the motions anyway, now it actually affects the game. The interaction wih the PSP ( handheld in general) is also something that hasnt been done before, and is a very good feature. The fact that I can access my PS3 from anywhere in the world is also a first for a game console. Sure all this comes at a price, and the games have taken longer to get here, but with games like R&C, proving what the PS3 is capable of devs will make there games better for the PS3. Its still the cheapest fully functional HD console.

Well crap, i thought that my 360 played games on my HDTV. Boy was I wrong! I guess the next-gen hasn't started for me!

The original xbox could do 720P and 1080i, as can the PS2....so no, you havent. The games look better cause you now have an upgraded CPU and GPU, but thats all that has changed........as I am sure you know already.

Avinash_Tyagi said:
Wii is the only true next gen, the others just give you the same game with shinier graphics

What are you?

2008 end of year predictions:

PS3: 22M

360: 25M

wii: 40M

Congrats on entering the true next gen experience.

Buy Ratchet & Clank, most fun PS3 game out there.

Sweet man! I'll be joining you sooner than later!

Neos said:
tombi123 said:
@zackblue

motorstorm is pretty good, I have played better driving games though, I play GT HD more. 7/10.

heavenly sword is awsome, I really love it, you cant button mash through the game, the three stances give a good variety and the graphics and acting make it a real epic game 9.5/10.

I hate microsoft because I hate their illegal business ways and because windows is dog$%!t.

vista > you

I'm a PC gamer with Vista, and I strongly disagree. Vista is garbage.