By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Ive been gone 4 so long...2012 thread any1?

I waslet down by the movie. As stof mentioned, the dialogue was poor along with the crappy storyline. I was expecting to see different parts of the world falling apart and people struggling to survive.

The scences that showed California crumbling were excellent though.

Around the Network

Well the movie was enjoyable but very silly. Just like Day After Tomorrow... silly ideas but very very fun to watch. Probably not as thought provoking though. But no it isn't bad like Armageddon... you won't come out laughing at the absurdity haha.

As for the actual conspiracy behind 2012, I think its just silly as well. People need doomsday crises to fill their pocketbooks so they create them all the time. Don't get me wrong... THE WORLD WILL END... just not in 2012 or any time soon.

The new movie "2012" sounds and looks like a very crap B-Grade film. I will not waste my time with it. Too many world is going to end films have been made. Only Armageddon with Bruce Willis and Liv Tyler was a decent film depicting the world going to end by a meteorite, was released 10 years ago. There were a couple of other ok movies depicting the end of the world.

When 12/21/2012 does come and past with no event and the world is still going on. The doomsday stories can be finally put to rest forever. 2012 is also the last date of the Mayan long count sun calendar that ends on 12/21/2012.

FootballFan said:
Im not a great beleiver in the bible hence i don't believe some vague link saying the worlds going to end in 2012

if you are talking about 2012 as in the spiritual and not the disaster movie,

it isn't to do with the bible or christianity........

it's about mayan cycles or one of the central/south american cultures who believed in cycles which can last for 1000's of years and 2012 is the end of a cycle and the start of another,

i'm no expert but it's just a shift in human concience/thought/spirituality whatever you want to call it

believe in it or don't,but the mayans certainly knew a few things about the the ways of the universe,you can be sure about that

it has nothing to do with the end of the world,

Above & Beyond