By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - what should nintendo spend their wads of cash on?

I think Nintendo should make sure the DS is in every possible worldwide market. I am not 100% sure where it is now but it should be in: South America (virtually every nation there), South Africa, Egypt, The middle east, China, India, Philippians, Malaysia, Indonesia, and maybe more. It needs to roll out everywhere in 2008. Also, role out Wii in many of these markets. There are smaller markets in Africa where a large percentage of the population speaks a European language. Also roll the Nintendo consoles out there. Nintendo should expand or buy a company just to help organize this expansion.

The other thing Nintendo really needs to do is support developers. Why does Lego Starwars on PS3 have online but the Wii version doesn't? This is Nintendo's fault. Why is there no DLC for Wii Guitar Hero III? Again, this is Nintendo's fault. Nintendo cannot make all of the good games and it needs to support the developers that try to make good games for its consoles.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Around the Network
FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
I think Nintendo should make sure the DS is in every possible worldwide market. I am not 100% sure where it is now but it should be in: South America (virtually every nation there), South Africa, Egypt, The middle east, China, India, Philippians, Malaysia, Indonesia, and maybe more. It needs to roll out everywhere in 2008. Also, role out Wii in many of these markets. There are smaller markets in Africa where a large percentage of the population speaks a European language. Also roll the Nintendo consoles out there. Nintendo should expand or buy a company just to help organize this expansion.

The other thing Nintendo really needs to do is support developers. Why does Lego Starwars on PS3 have online but the Wii version doesn't? This is Nintendo's fault. Why is there no DLC for Wii Guitar Hero III? Again, this is Nintendo's fault. Nintendo cannot make all of the good games and it needs to support the developers that try to make good games for its consoles.

Agreed, they need to set up a better developer relations department and they need to be a bit more open minded about trying new things.  It's surprising that the Wii is getting piss poor storage support when the N64 was going to get the 64Disk Drive that would have had a modem and allowed for download content/online games.  Why is the Wii not getting the fruits of the 64DD mission statement?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Rath said:
fkusumot said:

Use the money to expand into territories they aren't in now.

Im going to expand on this idea, use the money to buy territories. Such as Australia.

That would be sweet. Perhaps they could turn into a theme park. Dingo rodeo!

Skittles and beer.

---------------
The Board is the best site on the Internet.

why not build another production facility?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

I still think cell phones integration is the future. Apple has shown there is a strong consumer demand for convergence as long as it's easy to use. Nintendo needs to capitalize on its Gameboy library while they still can. There is no company better positioned to create games for phones than Nintendo, as they are the masters of creating low memory games.

Yeah expanding that's what Nintendo should do. Taking over 3rd party, make it a big name with big franchises. Sega, Capcom, Namco, Konami... whatever it will be Megaton news!

Also going into new territories.. they already announced plans for China and South Korea and it doesn't have to stop there... but let's not forget about the exisinting markets. Nintendo Japan and Nintendo USA are very successfull. Nintendo Europe on the other hand is almost none existent. Nintendo Europe is lagging behind on Nintendo US & Japan. Merely because there isn't a real Nintendo Europe. Europe is begging for more structure. A Europe HQ would be a fine start. The next step will be to start an inhouse development studio in Europe.

And in the best case scenario for Nintendo. Sony will cut of the gaming division. And all the 1st party developpers will become independant and jump the Nintendo wagon or Nintendo will buy them out. But then again Microsoft can do the same...

What do game boy games have to do with cell phones? I thought cell phones in Japan were able to run games b/t DS and PSP level?

Well, ok. I could see Nintendo releasing GB and GBC games on cell phones worldwide for DL. They should save the GBA games for DL to the next Nintendo handheld, though.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Diversify their games lineup

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

They should give me half is what they should do =P

Seriously though, @fkusumot,

They do have plans to move into the Asian markets, and thats really the last big market for them to get involved with on the Wii. So a checkmark on that one =)

But other than that I think I have to agree with the idea of looking into some good third party studios. Perhaps not buying outright but getting a large percentage interest in the company and allow the company to keep its identity etc... But to take it further I would take any money produced by big Wii hits from that studio and re-invest it into the company to continue to build a strong studio.

Getting involved in SE in this way would be a great move right now and its very possible that they could actually purchase stock from a Sony looking to liquidize assets which would make this a double bonus for Nintendo.

One thing is for certain, with this kind of cash and this kind of buzz, they have a very large arsenal at their disposal to help the Wii go far. This is why once a console starts to win a generation in a big way it is very hard to stop it. But I will stop short once again of saying it is impossible, and I hope they continue to hold that line of thinking.

To Each Man, Responsibility