By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - PC gamer hatred of MW2 is laughably AWFUL!

BladeOfGod said:

LOL, why do you keep bringing console gamers into this??? To make PC gamers look better??? Nice try. And Gears 2 is rated much higher than Big Rigs.

To answer your question I find both equaly bad. There is a diffrence between lowering the score and giving the game 0 because its a downgrade from COD 4. The game maynot as good as COD 4 but its sure as hell better than Big Rigs and deserves much higer score than 1.4

Gears 2 is rated higher NOW. Prior to release it had a score worse than the Big Rigs score. My point was not to make PC gamers look better, but to point out how ludicrous and fickle fanboys and user rating systems are.

You still don't seem to see the point, it's not that they're saying the game is worse than Big Rigs, these aren't professional reviewers we're talking about. The point is to make developers/publishers take note that the decisions they've made recently have annoyed and frustrated their customers. Annoying your customers isn't good business practice. If it in any way makes the devs take note than whilst it may appear stupid at first, it's worthwhile.

As a gamer you should really be supporting any type of protest against developers when they make stupid decisions regardless of platform. Your lack of knowledge on PC gaming has been apparent throughout this entire thread, but I would have thought any gamer should be in favour of improving gaming, not going backwards which is really what this boils down to. If anything, console-only gamers should also be demanding that the advantages of PC gaming be brought to consoles. When UT3 introduced PS3 mods I thought it was, but this is a mighty step backwards.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
BladeOfGod said:

LOL, why do you keep bringing console gamers into this??? To make PC gamers look better??? Nice try. And Gears 2 is rated much higher than Big Rigs.what

To answer your question I find both equaly bad. There is a diffrence between lowering the score and giving the game 0 because its a downgrade from COD 4. The game maynot as good as COD 4 but its sure as hell better than Big Rigs and deserves much higer score than 1.4

You still don't seem to see the point, it's not that they're saying the game is worse than Big Rigs, these aren't professional reviewers we're talking about. The point is to make developers/publishers take note that the decisions they've made recently have annoyed and frustrated their customers. Annoying your customers isn't good business practice. If it in any way makes the devs take note than whilst it may appear stupid at first, it's worthwhile.

And making the game worst rated PC game, insulting IW,saying its a cheap console port and give it score lower than Big Rigs is the way to do it???

Some people will come to metacritic web site and they'll think MW2 is the worst game ever because some pissed of people give it 0 because its not as good as COD 4. That's what pisses me off

BladeOfGod said:
Scoobes said:
BladeOfGod said:

LOL, why do you keep bringing console gamers into this??? To make PC gamers look better??? Nice try. And Gears 2 is rated much higher than Big Rigs.what

And making the game worst rated PC game, insulting IW,saying its a cheap console port and give it score lower than Big Rigs is the way to do it???

Some people will come to metacritic web site and they'll think MW2 is the worst game ever because some pissed of people give it 0 because its not as good as COD 4. That's what pisses me off

Good, the more sales suffer, the better it is for those who despise the change and don't want to support future changes.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

BladeOfGod said:
Scoobes said:
BladeOfGod said:

Worked for the DRM on Spore and Bioshock didn't it? After all, the customer is always right! And if the score is 1.4 it's probably not just a "some" people giving it a lower score. It shouldn't piss you off, just play the game on consoles like you were going to. The consoles have the superior version this time round.

Most PC players will have heard of the lack of dedicated servers already, and with a game as big MW2, if they don't know, they'll find out when they look at the user & PC reviews on metacritic & amazon. With a user score of 1.4 it makes them take note and look into why the user score is low. PC players that know of the problems will now:

1. Not buy the game on PC and possibly get the game on a console

2. Wait until they find a cheaper copy (like me)

3. Pirate it, play SP, play a bit of MP, delete it and most likely go back to CoD4 MP.

I already know people that have done 1 & 3. Basically, this is the result of IW/Activision screwing up on the PC version. It might seem stupid but it's worked in the past and it lets other devs that were thinking of doing similar things know that the customers don't want it.

Scoobes said:

Worked for the DRM on Spore and Bioshock didn't it? After all, the customer is always right! And if the score is 1.4 it's probably not just a "some" people giving it a lower score. It shouldn't piss you off, just play the game on consoles like you were going to. The consoles have the superior version this time round.

The funny thing is, there's nothing superior about the console version at all, unless you count meeting lower expectations as superior. 

Around the Network

I can see the points from both sides.

It should have a low score because of infinityward screwing over PC users.

However, It does not deserve >2 point scores

All enraged PC gamers, seriously, shut your mouth. I, being a PC owner of MW2, will state that the game is incredible, the single-player is freaking awesome. It seems you guys haven't even played the game. Didn't touch the multiplayer yet, but I'm sure it's going to be as amazing as the first one, at least. I don't give a damn to dedicated servers, I'm gonna get the same experience as console gamers. Actually, it's gonna be even better cause I have a mouse! You can play with a mouse+keyboard set up, it's already better then the PS360 version gameplay wise. Now go buy that game so you can shoot in my face on-line!

WiizardBR said:
All enraged PC gamers, seriously, shut your mouth. I, being a PC owner of MW2, will state that the game is incredible, the single-player is freaking awesome. It seems you guys haven't even played the game. Didn't touch the multiplayer yet, but I'm sure it's going to be as amazing as the first one, at least. I don't give a damn to dedicated servers, I'm gonna get the same experience as console gamers. Actually, it's gonna be even better cause I have a mouse! You can play with a mouse+keyboard set up, it's already better then the PS360 version gameplay wise. Now go buy that game so you can shoot in my face on-line!

Ok so whats this about commenting on things you havent played again? Please refresh my memory.

Glad you like the single player. Unfortunatly for the relevance of your post that is not what people are complaining about.

Xelloss said:
WiizardBR said:

Ok so whats this about commenting on things you havent played again? Please refresh my memory.

pwned

Xelloss said:
WiizardBR said:

Glad you like the single player. Unfortunatly for the relevance of your post that is not what people are complaining about.

Ok, now I played it, it's awesom, so shut up.