By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 200,000 PC Gamers Signed Petition Against MW2

twesterm said:
shio said:
Over 222k people have signed the petition! Amazing! Keep supporting guys.

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw

And what do you want to bet the large majority of those are people signing multiple times?

Requiring an email address does nothing to stop people from signing multiple times.  As I said above I could sign 100 times before I even started using free email services.

Online petitions couldn't be more of a joke and it's hilarious you're actually following it so closely.

Oh man you didn't..

Shio is going to send his 10 million imaginary friends after you.......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Ail said:
twesterm said:
shio said:

And what do you want to bet the large majority of those are people signing multiple times?

Requiring an email address does nothing to stop people from signing multiple times.  As I said above I could sign 100 times before I even started using free email services.

Online petitions couldn't be more of a joke and it's hilarious you're actually following it so closely.

Oh man you didn't..

What's better yet, I would be willing to be more than half of the different people that have signed the petition still bought the game.

Ail said:
twesterm said:
shio said:

Oh man you didn't..

twesterm said:
Ail said:
twesterm said:
shio said:

Oh man you didn't..

What's better yet, I would be willing to be more than half of the different people that have signed the petition still bought the game.

To be fair the boycott seems to have worked in the UK. Only 3% of sales were for the PC.

The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 is dropping like a stone on Amazon.com!!! It was #9 on Amazon.com's Bestsellers in Videogames when it was released, but in less than 2 weeks it dropped to #83 !!!!

Unbelievable, and it's now only the #6 best selling PC game on Amazon.com right now, already being outsold by Ricochet Xtreme, Dragon Age, Sims 3, Left 4 Dead 2 and Sims 3: World Adventures expansion (which for some reason isn't on PC games' best sellers list).

On Amazon.co.uk, the PC version of MW2 was #3/#4 at launch, but now it's already at #18, while the consoles versions still dominate at #1 and #2.

On Digital Distribution services MW2 isn't doing any better. It already lost #1 place to Left 4 Dead 2 on Steam, the only DD service it's being sold at. No Direct2Drive, Gamersgate and Impulse sales makes this even more drastic.

Around the Network

Over 225k have signed the petition! Woohoo!!

Less than 25k to reach a quarter of a million.

twesterm said:

Well, you seem to be missing the point in you anti online petition complaint. The headline reads; *erhm erhm - clears throat*

We endorse the Dedicated Servers for CoD:MW2 Petition to infinity ward.

So.. the percentile of supporters that bought the game or not, isn't really relevant. So i beg you to stop trolling the people who actually gives a hoot about dedicated servers.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

The above video right there is why there's 225k online signatures.

I tend to believe Joker454 from beyond3d.com when he says that hes seen data from a publisher friend about many games which failed to make money and they were critically acclaimed PC games and he talked about games which were 90% completed which were never published due to a lack of expected return unless they could also release a console version.

To be honest on the other hand publishers should stop being tardy bitches and release the data which proves the damage that they say pirates are causing. Noone takes the executives of movie/music publishers seriously because they appear to be making huge quantites of money. So yes, please publishers if you are serious about this then release some fucking data so people can actually sympathise with you for once.

Im sorry if I offended anyone with my swear words!

Tease.