By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 200,000 PC Gamers Signed Petition Against MW2

jefforange89 said:
As I said in another thread, "If anything's "laughably AWFUL," it's console gamers' complete ignorance towards PC gaming."

And more and more they prove it to be the case. =

Console-only gamers really don't know what they're missing!

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
jefforange89 said:
As I said in another thread, "If anything's "laughably AWFUL," it's console gamers' complete ignorance towards PC gaming."

Or you could be like me, and play both PC and console games, and still think this petition is an act in idiocy.

dorbin2009 said:
Scoobes said:
jefforange89 said:

Or you could be like me, and play both PC and console games, and still think this petition is an act in idiocy.

I do  (play both that is). I just think that the PC version of a game as big as MW2 should have all the features that PC games have had for the past 15 yrs. Whilst the petition might not acheive much in itself, it does point out to the devs and potentially any future devs that getting rid of dedicated servers and taking out numerous MP features that this is not exactly a good idea. I've always prefered the PC version of a multiplat FPS partly due to controls but also due to dedicated server support and mods.

This will become more apparent when the PC version of CoD4 is played more than the PC version of MW2, which I reckon is quite likely by this time next year. Unfortunately, I don't think it'll matter much as they'll probably still make more money thanks to charging for DLC. This is really just as bad as when MS tried to charge for Games for Windows Live.

jefforange89 said:

You guys need to stop acting like you have a superiority complex for gaming on the PC, I probably spent more time gaming on my PC LTD than you ever will in your life and I don't work around like I have 180 IQ thinking everyone not agreeing with what I said is a retard...........

Heck I probably gamed more on my PC these last 12 months than the majority of the so called PC gamers here have......

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Scoobes said:
Ail said:
vlad321 said:
crak-a-lak said:
I own a PC capable of running MW2 but I consider myself to be more of a console gamer. Anyway based on the projected sales data, it is clear that the PC is becoming less and less of a priority to IW. I saw a PC guy's rant on youtube about how MW2 on PC will no longer have dedicated severs, and will have DLC that cost money this time around. Why are PC gamers so mad that they have to actually have to pay for DLC now? With MW1 PC gamers got for free what console gamers had to pay for. Console gamers are the ones that have the right to be mad. So now that the PC market share has become lower than the console market share, in terms of sales of MW2, PC gamers want IW to cater to your community (the community that it is profiting least on). This just doesn't make any business sense. Get over it PC gamers and buy the game because you are only doing yourself a disservice by not playing it. I bet that if IW sold zero copies of the PC version of the game that they are still making crazy money. That scenario isn't going to happen though because they know that those that will buy the game will outnumber the ones actually boycotting the game.

Because DLC can be easily copied as a mod form he community for free. Why pay for sosme extra maps whe the community is churning them out constanly for free? I have not bought a single piece of DLC yet and I never plan to.

So you're admitting to pirating basically ?

No, he's admitting to downloading content made by other people in their spare time to supplement his game experience, some of which is arguably better than the official pay-for DLC released.

This is the main reason PC gamers are complaining. PC gamers like and have always had freedom, a lot more than console gamers (What with PC being a pretty open platform). IW have basically made a console experience on the PC. That doesn't work when all previous iterations had the level of freedom to create, play and customise that PC gamers have come to expect. It wouldn't suprise me to see more people playing CoD4 on PC than MW2 by next year. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised to see more people playing Counterstrike:Source than MW2 by next year.

I know the different between playing users made maps and playing IW released maps for free.

Seemed to me he was alluding to the later....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
max power said:
Slimebeast said:
jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:
lol at all these pirates whining about a game that they're stealing.

lol at sweeping and completely baseless generalizations

The large majority of PC gamers are pirates, especially guys that play shooters, so it's pretty safe to say that the majority of those who signed the petition are pirates.

Uh huh.  And how did you come to that conclusion?  A scientific poll?

No need for that. My personal observations aka anecdotal evidence is enuff in this case which is a no-brainer.

U dont agree? 

No, and arguing your personal observations as fact is trolling.

max power said:
Slimebeast said:
max power said:
Slimebeast said:
jefforange89 said:
Slimebeast said:
lol at all these pirates whining about a game that they're stealing.

lol at sweeping and completely baseless generalizations

The large majority of PC gamers are pirates, especially guys that play shooters, so it's pretty safe to say that the majority of those who signed the petition are pirates.

Uh huh.  And how did you come to that conclusion?  A scientific poll?

No need for that. My personal observations aka anecdotal evidence is enuff in this case which is a no-brainer.

U dont agree? 

No, and arguing your personal observations as fact is trolling.

A sarcastic remark deserves a sarcastic reply. So u started it.

nightsurge said:
jefforange89 said:
And I'll say it again: you seem to be working under the false assumption that a pirate copy equals a lost sale.

Which, in truth, it's typically the opposite - most pirates wouldn't buy the game it that were their only choice. Thus, it doesn't actually affect the publisher or developer in the slightest.

You gave a very weak example of this argument.  I think it is actually the reverse.  A pirated copy (or download) equals more than one lost sale.  If it's been pirated, it can be spread to any friends, family, etc. without any of them having to buy it themselves.  If one friend pirates it, then other friends play it and want to play with him, that friend can just burn them a disc with the cracked game and have instant free gaming.  Most people don't even see PC game pirating as a bad thing, just like song downloads.

Your arguments are garbage, if you know how to pirate and you know people who pirate bring them here to talk for you.

I DL a good chunk of games here and there and I can rarely play any of them for more then an hour, but games I do like that have a great reason to pay for the real game like L4d WoW FFXI Fallout 3 Oblivion Dragon Age all have been bought.

Games that I have bought out of impulse or reviews have all been terrible! Age of conan Warhammer being the 2 top examples CoD:MW would have been a much better game minus the grandes, in fact I petion for calling it Call of Grandes: Press g for win 2!

Most pirates will not buy a game they download, and if they do? its a plus 1 to sales not minus 100k.

Edit ** Not to mention console piracy may not be as easy as PC, but its out there and its having an effect. Xbox 360 is the new PS1 and the DS is the new PSP, or something like that. In fact both the hand-helds are both R-tard easy to get free games on.

Over 210k have now signed the petition! Things are looking good

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw

This Petition is a joke,you guys seriously think Infinity Ward/Activision will do anything about it?The game will sell like a monster with or without Dedicated servers.