By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We've got another GTA4 on out hands!

Modern Warfare 2 this year's Grand Theft Auto!

WTF? were Ifinity Ward thinking when they made a game that can be completed in less than 4/5 absolutely appaling, this game's single player campaign is pants and over before you can even open a can of Mountain Dew. Add to the fact that Activision raised the prices on Modern Warfare 2 just makes me furious, the MP is the same as cod4 which is not a bad thing. But this game is garbager the fact that its set to break the biggest entertainment launch is a disgrace.

Ign had the nerves to give this game a 10/10 in the graphics department, IGN credibility has gone out the window, every major game gets a 9.5 from IGN, R2, GOW2, U2, MW2 etc. Fuck you IGN.

The worst culprit is Gametrailers, they gave u2 a 9.3 for lacking innovation yet they gave a game who's single player is shorter, graphics of a ps2 game and has made no leap at all. Fuck gametrailers they are so biased and fake its absurd.

Thank you ifinity ward for making such a crappy game, they had 2 years and the best they can come up with is a 4/5 single player campaign. Damn the CALL OF DUTY FRANCHISE!!

Megaman2. out

<embed src="http://card.mygamercard.net/gears2goty/omar7700.swf" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="198" height="135">
</embed>

Around the Network

And I was wondering about the crappy user ratings it gets in gametrailers, metacritic etc...
That's where all the hate is coming from...
Don't play it then!

It would appear that way.

The game has pixelated shadows, and they even commented on generic telecoms yet Gametrailers gave it a 9.8 in Presentation.

Really now?

Pixel Art can be fun.

lol @ gametrailers though :p

Justifying another review because of lack of innovation and then completely ignoring that with another game ^^ Oh well

Having played through about half the game so far on SP, I have to say the graphics are not great in places (the planes in the airport level look straight out if GTA San Andreas for example) and the scripted set pieces are in James Bond territory. Hype machine went totally crazy on this game, it's OK fun but really is pretty average.

Around the Network

Hence why it won't outsell CoD4, it may have a massive start, but it won't have the legs CoD4 had.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

I was never really interested in this game anyway, but it's sad to hear that such a hyped game turned out to be a disappointment to some :/

Sony fanboys hate it game because it threatens Uncharted 2's GOTY chances.

PC fanboys hate it because they can't claim superiority over console versions.

Xbox fanboys hate it because it has surpassed Halo in popularity and quality.

Nintendo fanboys are either indifferent or hate it because they're getting a port of the first game instead.

Normal people will be able to put fanboyism aside and enjoy one of the best games ever made.

This is what happens when a game gets hyped up too much, just like GTA4.

It's not getting 10's for overall scores, so it's not quite GTAIV. :)

Also, I don't have a problem with short games, but I DO have a problem with reviewers giving too much credit where it isn't due, like with the graphics.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d