By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Live Ban-Wave: Clever Way to Sell 1 Million Additional 360s in US/Canada?

It all depends on what makes sense for your marketing strategy.
If, like MS, you make profits on the console, then it benefits you to hammerban.
If, like Sony, you lose money on the console, then it is not beneficial to hammerban. Of course ps3 is, so far, unable to play pirated games, so that's their solution.

Around the Network

He posted some news and questioned whether this was about selling more consoles.

Not misleading.

theprof00 said:
If, like MS, you make profits on the console, then it benefits you to hammerban.
If, like Sony, you lose money on the console, then it is not beneficial to hammerban. Of course ps3 is, so far, unable to play pirated games, so that's their solution.

??? So Sony made a loss with the hardware and therefore they should not ban pirates ??? How are they gonna get losses they made with the hardware back?

You have to make people buy your games, not stealing it. That goes for all consoles and strategies.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

First and foremost, this basically an instance of he said/she said. There is no telling if this is true or not. It is just a random person blogging about it.

theprof00 said:
ghost, read between the lines.

Why else would the "due date" be christmas?
Christmas is not only the time of year when people spend most of their discretionary funds, but also when most everybody has a small vacation.

How about getting rid of the parasites when the tubes most need it ?

Or getting more publicity and intensity just when everyone is getting informed about the great new holiday games ?

Or simply because it's just that time of year when pirates need to straighten out ?

Really, if you think you are reading between the lines and i am not you probably don't know I sell books for a living. Dumbass...

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:
theprof00 said:

??? So Sony made a loss with the hardware and therefore they should not ban pirates ??? How are they gonna get losses they made with the hardware back?

You have to make people buy your games, not stealing it. That goes for all consoles and strategies.

There are no pirates on the playstation 3 home entertainment console.

However, if you make money on a console sale, it is beneficial to sell a console that can be pirated, and then freeze them with an update down the road so that they have to buy another one. Not saying that people do it, but it's obviously been brought up at board meetings before.

theprof00 said:
DirtyP2002 said:
theprof00 said:

There are no pirates on the playstation 3 home entertainment console.

However, if you make money on a console sale, it is beneficial to sell a console that can be pirated, and then freeze them with an update down the road so that they have to buy another one. Not saying that people do it, but it's obviously been brought up at board meetings before.

I know, but if there were pirates...

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

If there were pirates, they would have to figure out a different way to make money

I wonder if it's true or not.

Anyone can write something like that on their blog.

donsterydo2 said:
I wonder if it's true or not.

Anyone can write something like that on their blog.

I see what you mean :

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)