By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN reviews Modern Warfare 2!

KylieDog said:
A 10 in graphics? What kind of bullshit is that, isn't even 720p.

I think they gave MW a huge graphics score too.  Personally I don't get it, IW design levels well and make the engine look as good as possible, but technically their engine is way behind Gears, Killzone 2, Uncharted, etc.  No CoD game has been technically amazing ever.  They do tend to have very good character animation and they design very well to cover up the obvious gaps in the engine's capability.

I can only assume they aren't judging graphics on a technical basis - although, I have no idea what other basis makes sense.  Graphics the way they have it should be technical.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
TheThunder said:
Kantor said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why is that whenever something becomes mega popular everyone starts hating on it?

Nobody hated on Uncharted 2.

I wouldn't call Uncharted 2 mega popular.

???

Most reviewed game of all time...not mega popular?

tedsteriscool said:
TheThunder said:
Kantor said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why is that whenever something becomes mega popular everyone starts hating on it?

???

If we go downtown and asked random people do they know Call of Duty or Uncharted who do you think will be more recognized ?

*Switch COD with Halo, GTA, Super Mario and World of Warcraft.

tedsteriscool said:
TheThunder said:
Kantor said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

???

Uncharted 2 popular... maybe. Mega popular is reserved for franchises like Gran Turismo, Halo, Gears Of War and Final Fantasy. Uncharted is nowhere near those levels of popular. I think thats what he meant.

Great score for what will inevitably end up being GOTY (on average). Mind as well get used to it people.

Now, everybody get out there, pick it up, and start enjoying what looks like an amazing title for your gaming libraries.

Around the Network
TheTruthHurts! said:
Great score for what will inevitably end up being GOTY (on average). Mind as well get used to it people.

Now, everybody get out there, pick it up, and start enjoying what looks like an amazing title for your gaming libraries.

You didn't pick up Bad Company O.o

I can't trust your advice.

Akvod said:
TheTruthHurts! said:

You didn't pick up Bad Company O.o

I can't trust your advice.

LOL.....fair enough...

I have to completely disagree with something they said in the "Sound" comments. More authentic gunfire sounds? A big step down, IMO, in the gunfire-sound department.

I'd be more sold on this game if it had a campaign with a decent length and if Infinity Ward didn't decide to nix party chat to preserve the "integrity" of the game.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

I don't know what the IGN reviewers are smoking, but the AC-130 level was the most annoying thing about COD4. You couldn't see shit in black and white.