By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN reviews Modern Warfare 2!

NKAJ said:
oh god...the hype...

Says a guy quoting a game hyped for 5 long inunterrumpted years ("They will know heghan belongs to the helghast") and displaying the matching avatar...

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Around the Network
Gh0st4lifE said:
NKAJ said:
oh god...the hype...

Says a guy quoting a game hyped for 5 long inunterrumpted years ("They will know heghan belongs to the helghast") and displaying the matching avatar...

killzone 2 's hype is nothing compared to cod mw2...and while that might not be saying much theres still a very big difference.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

the online hype for KZ easily surpasses MW2 but that could be my perception due to spending alot of time on N4G

Lord Flashheart said:
the online hype for KZ easily surpasses MW2 but that could be my perception due to spending alot of time on N4G

cant really say about the online hype but mw2 actually has a premiere,in leicester square os somehtingl like that.

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

NKAJ said:
Gh0st4lifE said:
NKAJ said:
oh god...the hype...

killzone 2 's hype is nothing compared to cod mw2...and while that might not be saying much theres still a very big difference.

lol, what ?

God i hate fanboys, almost as much as they hate facts

“If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea” Antoine de St-Exupery

+2Q  -2N  (to be read in french)

Around the Network

And people were complaining about ODST? A 4-5 hour campaign is ridiculous, especially since they've been developing this for what, two years now.

themanwithnoname's law: As an America's sales or NPD thread grows longer, the probabilty of the comment "America = World" [sarcasticly] being made approaches 1.

selnor said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
FKNetwork said:
KylieDog said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why is that whenever something becomes mega popular everyone starts hating on it?

The hating is on the review, not the game.

So the game has iffy graphics and isn't even 720p...so what.   However saying these quality of graphics is a perfect 10...bullshit.

Have you actualy played it yet? if not how the fcuk would you know ANYTHING about the game or graphics.....

The game looks and plays amazingly, by far my favorite game of the generation, play it and you will see why, and yup, graphics are easily a 10, its cod 4 on steriods.

People have complained that Killzone 2 got 9.5 for graphics on IGN and COD4 MW 2 got 10. Well they arent the only ones who thought MW2 was better. GameTrailers review said the only game they played with equal or better was Uncharted 2 visually. That says alot. Who cares if it's multiplat, and who cares if it means the PS3 isn't the all powerful machine you were lead to believe. Be happy it looks fantastic. It feels much more like war than KZ2 partly due to visuals.

surely you have played KZ2 completely to know that

Actually no. I have played through about 70% of KZ2. Not all. But Even from playing through the first 3 levels of MW2. I agree entirely with the reviewers on this one. MW2 is up there with Uncharted 2 in visuals. In different ways. But when compared to KZ2, MW2 wins.

Oh good christ, take the fanboy goggles off just for a minute.

wholikeswood said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
FKNetwork said:
KylieDog said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
Why is that whenever something becomes mega popular everyone starts hating on it?

So the game has iffy graphics and isn't even 720p...so what.   However saying these quality of graphics is a perfect 10...bullshit.

Have you actualy played it yet? if not how the fcuk would you know ANYTHING about the game or graphics.....

The game looks and plays amazingly, by far my favorite game of the generation, play it and you will see why, and yup, graphics are easily a 10, its cod 4 on steriods.

People have complained that Killzone 2 got 9.5 for graphics on IGN and COD4 MW 2 got 10. Well they arent the only ones who thought MW2 was better. GameTrailers review said the only game they played with equal or better was Uncharted 2 visually. That says alot. Who cares if it's multiplat, and who cares if it means the PS3 isn't the all powerful machine you were lead to believe. Be happy it looks fantastic. It feels much more like war than KZ2 partly due to visuals.

Actually no. I have played through about 70% of KZ2. Not all. But Even from playing through the first 3 levels of MW2. I agree entirely with the reviewers on this one. MW2 is up there with Uncharted 2 in visuals. In different ways. But when compared to KZ2, MW2 wins.

Akvod said:
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
FKNetwork said:
KylieDog said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

You know whats funny. If this was a PS3 exclusive, All these reviewers giving it better graphics than KZ2 would be praised by you lot. This is a sad testamont to how low VGChartz has gotten. And how heavily one sided it is.

selnor said:
Akvod said:
wholikeswood said:
selnor said:
leo-j said:
selnor said:
FKNetwork said:
KylieDog said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:

You know whats funny. If this was a PS3 exclusive, All these reviewers giving it better graphics than KZ2 would be praised by you lot. This is a sad testamont to how low VGChartz has gotten. And how heavily one sided it is.

And on what basis do you accuse me of this?

I fucking praise Bad Company 1 and 2's graphics, even if they're multiplat XD