By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GHIII or RB

Hey there looking for some help here.

I was just wondering which games you guys recommended most. Rock Band or Guitar Hero III. I know GH3 has been here for way longer but with Rock Band you have support for way more instruments. Right now I'm leaning towards Rock Band, even though it is a EA game.

What do you guys think? 

Around the Network

It depends, do you enjoy playing instruments with your friends and is the extra cash for RB not a big concern? Then get rockband.

If you are mostly interested in the guitar portions of songs, don't really want to spend about double the money, and enjoyed the other GH games then get GH3.

Personally my choice is made for me: Owning only a Wii for current generation systems means no RB available. With that said it doesn't appeal to me much anyways since I am in this type of game for the crazy guitar solos and insane face melters. Plus I love Slash and am really looking forward to the song he wrote for GH3.

To Each Man, Responsibility

I'd go with GH3, because

A) It's cheaper
B) It has DLC like Rock Band so it'll last a while
C) The brand doesn't really matter, so even though the original GH makers are making Rock Band...it's a simple game to be honest, and it's really the songs included that matter...and GH3 has an impressive list.
D) Yes Rock Band has more instruments, but that hasn't proven to make the genre more fun. Drums may be fun, but they might not be as fun as the guitar portions, and honestly, I think karoake games suck, so that's a wasted instrument for me. Even though I am a good singer, I don't want to sing in front of them on the couch, especially if I'm trying to outsing an original performer, who obviously can do it better than me.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm getting GHIII, for pretty much the reasons Obiwan just stated, as well as the fact that I prefer not to support EA or its products, even if they aren't the sole producer of said product. I've heard that rock band is easier than GH3 for the guitar parts, so that would be another reason for me to get GH3 (although....through the fire and flames may go a bit overboard in terms of difficulty...)

I hope they eventually implement DLC for the wii at a decent price.

@ Sqrl - I didn't know Slash actually wrote a song for GH3.....*remembers the last time a guitarist wrote a song for a GH game, shudders*

Even though I love Harmonix, GH3 gets my vote because of the superior track list.

Although, I'd love to do the singing on RB. I wander if they'll actually make it require talent?

Around the Network

I'm sick of the EA bashing crap.

Yeah, most of the games made EA are complete crap, but when it's another team working with EA or using EA as a publisher it's totally different.

Even some strictly EA games are fine, like SSX Blur, Godfather...I mean, I doubt Spore is going to suck, even though it's "EA."

Rock Band is being made by Harmonix, the original Guitar Hero makers, along with EA, so it can't be that bad.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

do you have extra room for the drums? I know RB sounds more cool but it looks like it requires alot of time to set it up and down if you cant leave it in the middle of the room without removing it all the time. Anyway I have preodered GH3

I am getting both of them. After my review, I'll let you be the judge ...

Look for the review here: http://www.abqtrib.com/qt3ch

I WAS excited for GHIII but then I did some reading and found out that there is no offline co-op quick play...I just don't get it, so they insist that you play co-op to unlock certain songs, but then end the co-op there and say no to quick play? Honestly if you're going to play co-op you're going to have a few friends over and pass the quitars around, not go through the career mode with all of them...

Get Both... I am :D

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil