By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let me try to explain something(PS2/GoW remastering related)

great job, it's irritating listening to the people you had to just set straight with this

Around the Network

wow. well, i guess i'm sold in picking up the god of war collection because i haven't played 1 & 2 yet. haha! thanks for those information. =]

End of 2010 Predictions (Original Prediction Made: Jan. 1, 2010---Revised April 1, 2010---Revised Again July 1, 2010---Revised Again on Nov. 1, 2010)

PS3: 46 MIL (April Revision: 44 MIL, July Revision 43 MIL, Nov. Revision 45MIL)

360: 44 MIL (April Revision: 46 MIL, July Revision: 48 MIL, Nov. Revision 49MIL)

WII: 82 MIL (Apr. Revision: 84 MIL, Jul. Revision: 82 MIL, Nov. Revision: 82MIL)

THE MUST BUY LIST of 2010: Gran Turismo 5

THE BOUGHT LIST of 2010: White Knight Chrnociles, Heavy Rain, Final Fantasy 13, God of War 3, Modnation Racers, Sports Champions

So that explains the black bars on my PS2 games. Nice read.

I don't think I would recommend gaming on a plasma screen in general though, as there are alot of stationary objects on screen in most games.  Health bars, HUD, etc... I've seen newer plasma's that claim they are burn-in resistant, but I'm still wary.

Epoch said:

So that explains the black bars on my PS2 games. Nice read.

I don't think I would recommend gaming on a plasma screen in general though, as there are alot of stationary objects on screen in most games.  Health bars, HUD, etc... I've seen newer plasma's that claim they are burn-in resistant, but I'm still wary.

In general, most people agree, but I think that my aversion to plasma gaming has much more to do with phosphor trailing, than anything else.

That said, plasma has become a viable alternative to the dedicated gamer as long as he is willing to dedicate a small amount of time to preventing burn-in.

That's another discussion though. While I wouldn't recommend a plasma for gaming, it is a viable alternative now, and I can understand the reasoning behind choosing plasma as well.

I game on LCD though. :P

LCD can suffer from somthing similar to burn-in called image persistance but it is much harder to cause, and slightly harder to repair as well.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I was just going to add that my recommendation in buying a new TV is to wait till December when the 09 stocks are trying to be sold off. I'm looking for a cheap LCD 32" to play PS2 on exclusively(for the black bars, cause my main TV is way too good to use for prolonged black bar watching, lol). In december they'll be discounted, and also around superbowl time, so don't buy a TV till after thanksgiving. :P

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

Very good article. Very clarifying.

@ZenfoldorVGi
Is it possible to force a PAL PS2 game to run in 480 p ?

Good thread, and holy shit Zen making a PRO Sony thread?