By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Healthcare reform passes the House

220 versus 215, health care reform passes, next up the senate where there wil lbe a lot more foot dragging.

Apparently one republican actually cares about reforming health care.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

From a Canadian's standpoint, this is really good for American people. We have universal health care, and I personally have never been harmed by it; I really don't see why so many Americans are against it...

ultima said:
From a Canadian's standpoint, this is really good for American people. We have universal health care, and I personally have never been harmed by it; I really don't see why so many Americans are against it...

Fox News has already found the extreme exceptions to a generally good Canadian system and they already scared people with it.

And the same people in congress who were for the Iraq war will complain about the costs, I can debate with peopel always against more deficit, but people who just use it as an excuse to oppose reform I cannot tolerate.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Hurrah.

Now we just have to wait while they screw around with trying to get the two bills to fit together. I find your system of introducing laws confusing - why on earth do you pass two different laws and then try and get them to fit together?

Rath said:
Hurrah.

Now we just have to wait while they screw around with trying to get the two bills to fit together. I find your system of introducing laws confusing - why on earth do you pass two different laws and then try and get them to fit together?

The foundation of the bicameral legislature was originally so that the small states wouldn't get steamrolled in the legislative process by the big states, as was the case in the lower legislature. The whole concept of it is rather silly to us now, when we Americans don't really conceptualize ourselves as residents of a certain state who are pitted against residents of another state

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

47 Dems also voted no to it too, ckmlb.

ckmlb said:
ultima said:

Fox News has already found the extreme exceptions to a generally good Canadian system and they already scared people with it.

And the same people in congress who were for the Iraq war will complain about the costs, I can debate with peopel always against more deficit, but people who just use it as an excuse to oppose reform I cannot tolerate.

What is the exact cost for this bill, again? There's a difference between reform and paying out billions of dollars for a new bill.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Well, hopefully the senate has the brains to say no. Canada is just one example of how horrible the universal health-care is. Look at Great Britain...oh and how about our very own Medicare and Medicaid. Any time government gets involved, well, it's like constipation, bloated and painful, with no benefits whatsoever.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

ironman said:
Well, hopefully the senate has the brains to say no. Canada is just one example of how horrible the universal health-care is. Look at Great Britain...oh and how about our very own Medicare and Medicaid. Any time government gets involved, well, it's like constipation, bloated and painful, with no benefits whatsoever.

To be fair, Canada and Britian are decent examples of how universal healthcare are (overall) good for those countries.

The real issue is that American government and size is a far cry from either nation, and given the atrocious track record of both Public Education and Social Security (2 government run programs), I fail to see why reasonable people would want the same government trying to 'fix' one of the most expensive areas of life.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I was wrong =D.