By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gearbox : Valve is Behaving Like Fanboys - REAL REASON WHY THEY HATE PS3

While not directly addressing Chet Faliszek's slap at PlayStation 3, the Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford - no stranger to stirring s—t with Valve - has taken a poke at the Left 4 Dead developer's posture toward Sony.

Pitchford, speaking to Official PlayStation Magazine, called Valve's posture toward Sony - specifically as expressed by Doug Lombardi - similar to that of fanboys'.

"Doug Lombardi had to take a swipe at the PS3 again, and I thought it was foolish," Pitchford told OPM, according to AnalogHype.

I read it the same way I read fanboys," he added. "Like there's a guy who bought the Sony platform and he's a Sony guy, so he decides he's going to spend a certain percentage of his time bashing Microsoft. And there's a guy on Microsoft doing the same thing. Those guys are childish and narrow minded; It's the same kind of thing.

Pitchford wasn't done there. He also spoke of an "underlying sleaziness" in how Valve has treated the PS3 version of The Orange Box, relative to its support for the Xbox 360 version ofTeam Fortress 2.

I'm actually kind of mad at Doug because with the Orange Box, he said the 360 and PC versions are the good ones and the PS3 version is like the stepchild because some other developer made it. Well you Valve don't really think that, because look what you've done on the PC side. You've supported that, you've added all this content to Team Fortress 2, and you've left us hanging. It's hard to accept that genuinely, because I know the business, I know you guys make half the money on the PS3 version because you've got other fingers in the pie, and other developers getting a cut. It benefits you if nobody buys that, and only buys the PC version, because you make the most money. There's this underlying sleaziness.

Not that this settles anything but, there you go, equal time for PS3, albeit from a surrogate, in a great three-way Valve/Gearbox/Sony pissing contest.

For the record, we have inquiries into Gearbox regarding the accuracy of these quotes, and any clarification the studio might want to make.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check red text on yellow background. That seems to be the real reason. I am disgusted by Valve.

Source

Around the Network

Can we please stop it with these threads!

^^
What does it matter to you ? Gearbox guy said something logical and I thought it was thread worthy.

this will just make things worst why not just both of these company shut it and just make games on which console they want to support.

MetalGearSolid_4ever said:
^^
What does it matter to you ? Gearbox guy said something logical and I thought it was thread worthy.

Fair enough, I won't shoot the messenger.

Around the Network

Was it him who made the previous jealous statement about Steams success?

Is this a duplicate thread?

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=91305&page=1

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Appears to be, Zen.